Sovol Zero – under-extrusion caused by worn extruder gear (Solution update - loose pin)? Need advice on replacement

Hi everyone,

My Sovol Zero recently started printing very inconsistently. I’m getting clear under-extrusion — layers are thin, gaps appear, and prints fail.

Here’s what I’ve already tried:

  • different filaments

  • nozzle replacement

  • calibration and cleaning

  • checking the filament path

The problem remains. After opening the extruder, I noticed that the drive gear looks worn and slightly damaged. It seems to be slipping on the filament.

Has anyone experienced this on the Sovol Zero?

I’d appreciate advice on:

I thought the Zero had resolved this.

If that is the issue, print this one.

Update / Solution:

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

The issue turned out to be a loose pin in the extruder gear assembly.
After inserting and securing it properly, the printer feeds filament normally again and prints are back to normal.


Appreciate the help!

I just printed the file I posted above, I didn’t think I had an issue but installed it anyway.
Well, once I pushed the print over the connectors I found out mine was out maybe 2mm.
I think it might have been resting on the back of the board.
Anyway, it’s installed & maybe all Zero users should look into printing a fix.


Printed this detail. Not shure about all the other pins.

That is the only pin that has an issue, your all set now.

On my max it was factory secured with a drop of super glue on one side. printed/installed the retainer anyway, fits well.