How to do a factory reset

After trying some things like obico etc my SV07 feels like it 's interface became slower and slower. Tinight a print job terminated with some ominous error message about “too busy, or filesystem too full, or such…”.
Well, guess it’s time for a factory reset. I’ve downloaded the flash mirror files from Firmware Download | Sovol Technology Co.' Limited - but what (device) to flash?

A step by step guide how to make a firmware reset for the SV07 would be greately appreciated

This may not be related to the firmware but rather to a cooling issue with the control unit. The SoC chip is behind the LCD and only has a very shallow heat sink installed. That is then pointed down at the mount plate with less than 3mm of space for airflow. I’ve also started seeing these Klipper halt messages and I’ve just installed a fresh-from-Sovol EMMC card.

See Is the SV07 Mainboard undercooled?

Tim

Thanks, Tim.

Yes, this was the 1st time I started a several-hour-print. Guess I have to acquire some liquid nitrogen to cool the control unit. Or, indeed, print a new case for it. Or drill a hole into the case and … I will find some way :slight_smile: The error message I’ve got was the same as the second one you’ve showed in your thread

Nevertheless, I found several ways to factory reset ™ the machine.

1. the built-in “factory reset” from the menu - no idea what it does, all the junk is still installed. Useless.
  2. the way github user “fryc88” uses to revive a partially “bricked” SV07 (GitHub - fryc88/sv07: Sovol SV07 / SV07 Plus recovery after system update)
  3. the complete rewrite of the eMMC github user tomasolsson proposes (GitHub - TomasOlsson/BrickedSv07-Sv07Plus: This is just for users that have bricked their Sovol Sv07 printer.)

I’m going to assemble step-by-step HowTos for the latter two, and perhaps also a replacement for the eMMC card (with one with more space) within the next days

That backpack cooler link you sent is perfect for solving this!

Let’s see what it does. As it’s the weekend and I could not wait until tomorrow (when Amazon will bring the fans) I’ve cannibalized an old Raspi4’ s case for the fan. Currently a 6 hour printjob is running - just wait and cross fingers :slight_smile: