Bed Leveling for SV07 Plus Started with z Calibration. Head went down and hitting the build plate and motor makes noise

Upon turning on the SV07 Plus for the first time, I proceeded to the Z Calibrate function and initiated the process by clicking ‘start.’ However, an issue arose as the printer’s head descended and collided with the build plate, resulting in a disconcerting motor noise. To prevent any potential damage, I promptly engaged the emergency stop. Subsequent attempts to home the printer yielded the same motor noise without successful homing.

Upon further inspection, I discovered that the x-axis was not initially plugged in. After rectifying this, I could commence the Z calibration, but encountered a new challenge. The nozzle failed to approach the bed adequately. To address this, I loosened the nozzle slightly, enabling successful calibration. However, I recognize that this may not be an ideal solution.

Despite these challenges, I successfully completed my first print, which appeared visually pleasing. However, I did notice a potential issue as it seems like there is some leakage around the nozzle.

My primary concern remains whether there is a more appropriate method to lower the nozzle without resorting to loosening it. I observed that during calibration, clicking ‘-Z’ would prompt a message stating “outside of range” without any downward movement. I would greatly appreciate any guidance or suggestions you could provide to optimize this process without compromising the integrity of the machine.

Your swift attention to this matter is crucial for my continued use of the SV07 Plus. I am grateful for any assistance you can offer.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Best regards,

I know this isn’t a “fast” response, but have you tried lowering the sensor slightly? On a Prusa machine with the super PINDA probe, they suggest putting the thin end of a zip tie under the probe when the Z axis is set up.