Gold vs black adhesion issues

Hi all,

So, we been using the sv06 plus for about 3 weeks. After about 10 days, we started running into problems with adhesion on the gold (textured) plate. After a fair bit of digging, we put the adhesive black plastic sheet on the other side of the plate. (This isn’t mentioned anywhere in the manual or set up video, which is problematic.)

On the black side, we’re getting great adhesion, but on the gold side, very little.

I just ran the same gcode on one side then the other, so the only variable change is the plate surface. I washed both sides of the plate before the print.

Here is the underside of the print from the black plate, which looks perfect

The first layer from the gold side print is in the first comment.

I’m glad that we can print, but it should be able to print on both sides of the bed.

Can anyone explain what’s going on?

Thanks.

1 Like

Here is the gold side first layer

1 Like

Does Sovol give you a black sheet now, or did you just do this on your own…??

My guess is that your Z-Offset is off a little.
When you added the black sheet it made up the difference, that’s why it prints on that side.
If you set the Z-Offset on the Gold side, you will be too close on the Black side.
You would think it wouldn’t matter because of the thickness of the plate, both side should now be set right…dosen’t always work that way.

I would double check by washing the Gold side again with something like Dawn, that removes grease (fingerprints).

Thanks foe the reply! The black sheet was in the box when the printer came.i had no idea what to do with it at first.

I recalibrated the z offset when I added the black sheet, so I’m not sure how it made up some difference.

But with the flipping, I guess that if the thickness of the black sheet is different than the thickness of the pei powdercoat, then that will change the z offset layer.

Will try again this evening and report , but I’m not hopeful.

1 Like

Hi,
You can also try with glu like 3Dlac.
But I think @Lion is right, you have to redo your z-offset.

1 Like

I know this is a little old now…
but I would really like to see pictures of this plate, both side…black & gold.