Upgrades to SV08 (Hardened Hotend, etc.)

Hello,
Just purchased a SV08 printer as my first 3D printer and was wondering if anyone has already started modding them with things like Hardened steel nozzles for printing abrasives. One thing I would like to do is print Carbon fiber filled PLA.

Appeared on their web site:
2Pcs 0.4mm Hardened Steel Nozzle Kit For SV08/T300 – SOVOL Offical Website (sovol3d.com)

2 Likes

I have ordered one last week, it hasent arrive sofar i am hoping to get it soon.
Is there any updates as to when they are releasing more sizes ar replacment nozels of different sizes. I am hoping to get one suitable for carbon fibre.
Cheers. Mike

It’s a very DIY friendly unit. I’m using an aftermarket Bambu hotend with a ruby tipped nozzle.

Hi there, I ordered the latest interchangeable nozzle over a month ago from from Sovil, and I am still waiting? The latest I heard from them is that it won’t be released until the end of this month so September?? I placed an order with Amazon in Germany four days ago for a copy of the Bamboo tool head and the ruby nozzle. I will receive them on or before Monday. I am only sorry that I hadn’t ordered the Bamboo and nezell combo sooner?
It’s a pittie that I have to say that but I feel I must to save us all unnecessary aggravation and torcher.
Cheers. Mike Irish

I received the copper hotend assembly with hardened steel interchangeable nozzle, I installed it without issues. My main issue with the Savor SV08 is their video about nozzle jams, they show using a rod to force the melted filament out the nozzle by removing the filament, PTFE tube then pushing the rod down past the extruder gears into the nozzle. But, as you pull the rod back up it brings melted filament with it, twice I had to disassemble the tool head to clean the melted filament out of the gears. Now when the filament jams I remove the nozzle assembly, plug it back into the tool head then heat it up and clean it.I have three heads now, one waiting of extruder gears, the newest version is on the printer and one as a backup… Note, the heater and thermistor wires are longer than the standard ones you can purchase including all the TZ2.0 Bimetal Heatbreak Hotend w/Plated Copper Heater Block Ceramic Heater Thermistor Hardened Steel Nozzle 0.4 Compatible with Bambulab X1 / X1 Carbon Combo P1P 3D Printer and clones.

1 Like