Printing problem since new "0.4mm Hardened Steel Nozzle Kit"

Hello,

since two Days I’m the using “new” 0.4mm Hardened Steel Nozzle Kit.

I tried this with PETG and PLA (sunlu, jayo and extrudr) and with both 0.4 nozzles.

As allways, I calibrate the SV08 with the new nozzle type using the SV08 Leveling Tools and the orca Calibration Tools.
The Z-Offset Leveling was just fine, the 1st layer was perfect
The orca->Calibration->Temperature failed:

So I calibrated flow rate (Pass 1 + Pass 2), pressure advanced, Retraction Test and 1st. Layer.
Then I try the temperature Test (temptower) again and it failed again (printing “in the air”):

I tried 3 other print - same troubles: The 1st layer was perfect, printing 30-50min. and then printing with no filament.
It seems the Nozzle clogged but then I “loading filament” the filament comes out from the nozzle.
Cleaning the nozzle(s) and then restart the print - same problem: printing 50-60min. then again no filament comes out.
I repeated this 7 times (other filament, PLA, PETG)

With the “standard” nozzle kit erverything works fine!

How can I get the “new” nozzle kit working?

1 Like

Nothing but problems with these printers. Unbelievable how they can even sell these things.

1 Like

Did you try increasing extruder tension? Sounds like filament is slipping or getting tangled.

Do you observed any sub extrusion ? On my side (see Blocked extruder ) i had trouble like that before that did not works at all last weekend.

At begining i had no trouble (at all) until 10 or 20 layers, but sometime no extrusion at all. Now it’s happens from the first layer and I cannot do a calibration of rotation distance (because the result is 30% less than expected and do not like regular). I wrote to Sovol support to know if they know the issue (yesterday evening).

That i have observed too is the extruder motor is very hot. When it’s cold, it’s look like beter. I may have a spare motor on my side (but i am waiting for the answer of Sovol to do not overbreak it).

Hardened Nozzle usually require more heat, did you increase hotend 5*-10*…??
Otherwise you will end up with a clog.

2 Likes

Had the identical problem. In my case I solved the problem by increasing the temp range for any material by 15c on both the low- and high-end recommendations from the material manufacturer. I also decreased the Pressure Advance to no more than 10. After doing that I got the same quality I was getting with the OEM nozzle sent with the machine from Sovol. Try experimenting with these settings and let me know how it turns out.

A temptower is a thest for this, but that to do if the the test failed?
filament: 230 to 260°; Test: 205° to 280° failed.

I tried this from up to +25° to -25° (5° steps) but no other, better results.
The SV08 turns more and more to a tinker printer :frowning:

The best results I had with the one stock brass nozzle (about 750 hours PLA + PETG).

I also ordered the 2x (on different times) the “Metal Nozzle Kits for SV08/T300 (EU / 0.2mm+0.4mm+0.6mm+0.8mm)”, on looks like brass, one kit - I ordered one month later - looks like brass…

Now I spend (wasted…) extra $100,- for nozzles and still have a non working 3D Printer… :face_vomiting:

With my old SV06 I used hardened steel, copper or brass nozzles - HASSLEFREE.

Contact Sovol if you think they sent you the wrong item.
info@sovol3d.com

Thank you so much for buying from Sovol, and I apologize for all the inconvenience. Can you send an e-mail to info@sovol3d.com? Please enclose with the above situation with videos and pictures and your order number, and we will check with the engineers asap.