Time incorrect on 5 inch display SV08

Time zone how do I change it on the 5 inch Sovol SV08?

Go into the settings in Orca slicer and there you will find the means to upload the time settings

Thanking You.

I am very, very new to Orca Slicer, so I may be missing something.

I can not find any way to set the SOVOL SVO8 5" display setting that will change the time zone or indeed the time, which appears to be one hour incorrect, normally I think this would be a time zone issue.

I would expect and Time settings for the display to be on the display but have not found any.

At a push looking under Klipper I can not find anything to change or set time zones on the time on the SOVOL SVO8 5" display

Hi, When you open Orca slicer on your pc go to the device menu selection, look up in the top right hand corner and you will see a (COG) like on a bicycle wheel.
Click on it and you will get a meny up. The meny is called ( INTERFACE SETTINGS) scroll down on the right hand side and you will see Language/Time/Date and so on make your settings and the screen on the printer should be updater the next time you start Orca and your Printer.
Hope this helps.Cheers. Mike Irish :+1:

2 Likes

I’ll have a go soon. THANKING YOU FOR THE TIME, pun intend
Seems odd that a slicer can do this

No problem I am happily to help,If I can as I am also new t o Clipper/Orca slicer etc. Cimming from Martin its all so strange but we will all get there I hope. :wink:

Sorry No Luck The Klipper, (Devices), shows English, and the correct time and date but the 5" display from SOVOL is still incorrect by about one hour

Thanking You :star_struck:

Yes same here, a Marlin user until getting the SOVOL SV08

Not the Slicer but “Devices” gives the Klipper Screen

I’ve been in touch with SOVOL waiting for engineers to respond

P.S. Klipper Firmware 2.3.3 (27 4 2024)

SOVOL They say:-
Hello,
We are sorry that this time cannot be changed at this time.
We will work hard to improve it.

Best regards,
Sovol After Sales Department

ssh sovol@ip adress
login:sovol
password:sovol
nmtui
ip a

Timezone change
timedatectl
ls -l /etc/localtime
cat /etc/timezone
timedatectl list-timezones
timedatectl set-timezone (example) Europe/Amsterdam

Thanking YOU SOVOL told me it is not possible to set the time on there 5" display. I may try a bit of Putty SSH later for the above

SSH for me Screen Shoot, no luck, I do not think the SOVOL SV08 has full Klipper?

Thanking You 2000%

What worked for me was to:
ssh into sovol then
timedatectl list-timezone lists time zone, find yours highlight and copy it, then exit back to the prompt, then
timedatectl set-timezone America/New_York
replace America/New_York with your time zone.
restart your printer
when I restarted mine the time was way off, even the minutes were wrong. Had a minor panic attack, lol, thought I had totally messed up. Now you can go into the device tab in orca, click the settings icon, Under time format I switched from 12 hour to 24 hour then back to 12. That seems to refresh things. Hope this helps.

3D Printing for about 1 and a half hours now; may need to reboot

SSH can Not find:

see screen SSH shot attached; SOVOL said it Can not be changed

YOU ARE GOING THAT EXTRA MILE FOR ME; THANKING YOU

SSH party works attached screen shot, I was digging about on the Internet

P.S. that SSH image the Local Time, etc is incorrect by about an hour

Glad it helped, all I did was follow Suikermais instructions and deleted a few commands that didn’t really work for me or seemed unnecessary.

1 Like