Thermistor Error

I have a SV03 and when I start the Heating up process after about 30 seconds I get the following error:

Thermistor Error
Cycle power! An issue exists with the bed or nozzle temperature sensor.
Connect to serial monitor if reading is 0condition is open.
If too hightondition is a short around.

I went ahead and cycled the printer several times (I am assuming this means turn it off and on)
Each time I get the same error.

I don’t understand this part “Connect to serial monitor if reading is 0condition is open. If too hightondition is a short around.”

I’m guessing I need to replace the thermistor. What is the name/make/ model of the thermistor I need to purchase and how do I find out whether it is the nozzle or the bed that is the issue?

Thanks for the help.

Hello dplachno
Could you please let me know from which platform you purchased the machine?
I will provide the contact information and you can get the thermistor for free.
Thank you
Best regards
Sovol Team

Hello dplachno

1. check whether the device manager has a port after the computer is connected to the motherboard; if not, please replace a usb cable or try to insert a different port.
  2. If there is, but can not connect to the slicing program, please update the driver, you can refer to: https://nematicslab.com/how-to-install-ftdi-drivers/
  3. it is recommended to use prusa to update the firmware, cura reading speed is slower.
  4. screen start loading stuck can be solved by re-flashing the motherboard firmware and screen firmware, download site: Firmware Download | Sovol3d, please choose to download the firmware according to their own machine has no mixed color nozzle and bltouch, the motherboard firmware and screen firmware should match, otherwise it will cause the boot
  5. thermistor short circuit will cause heating failure, but and can not connect to the computer and can not start should not be related
    Thank you
    Best regards
    Sovol Team