Need help with the thermistor

I have a SV03 and when I start the Heating up process after about 30 seconds I get the following error:

Thermistor Error
Cycle power! An issue exists with the bed or nozzle temperature sensor.
Connect to serial monitor if reading is 0condition is open.
If too hightondition is a short around.

I went ahead and cycled the printer several times (I am assuming this means turn it off and on)
Each time I get the same error.

I don’t understand this part “Connect to serial monitor if reading is 0condition is open. If too hightondition is a short around.”

I’m guessing I need to replace the thermistor. What is the name/make/ model of the thermistor I need to purchase and how do I find out whether it is the nozzle or the bed that is the issue?

Thanks for the help.

1 Like

Hello dplachno.
Really sorry for the late reply. I’m asking your question to our engineer and I will give you the feedback tomorrow.
Thank you
Best regards
Sovol Team

I’m also having this problem. Here’s my post to FB: Help with a problem: Quick background, I have 20 printers and 3 years experience so I’m not new to 3D printing. Anyways, one of my SV03 is having thermal runaway problem on E0. It does it randomly and it can happen 10 minutes into the print or 2 hours into the print. Not sure why. What I’ve done: Replaced thermistor a few times, using different thermistor. Ran themistor wire directly to the board, bypassing the flat ribbon cable/daughter board. Did PID tuning, temperature always reads fine, but when printing, it just throws this fault and beeps continously when it feels like it. Could it be motherboard? Thanks for the help. I also should add this printer also had sporadic BLtouch issue where it fails to home. Replacing bltouch didn’t work but after running a wire directly to the motherboard and using 3Dtouch instead, problem is fixed so that’s why I thought it could be something with the flat ribbon cable.

Hello dplachno and phyrun.
Please heat the hot bed alone to 60 degrees, nozzle to 200 degrees, to see which will alarm, you can know whether the hot bed or nozzle problems, but also by directly measuring the terminal head of the thermistor to see if there is 100kΩ, if not, the thermal damage.
And then, you need to contact customer service. Please let me know from which platform you purchased the machine.
Thank you
Best regards
Sovol Team

Hello dplachno and phyrun.

1. check whether the device manager has a port after the computer is connected to the motherboard; if not, please replace a usb cable or try to insert a different port.
  2. If there is, but can not connect to the slicing program, please update the driver, you can refer to: https://nematicslab.com/how-to-install-ftdi-drivers/
  3. it is recommended to use prusa to update the firmware, cura reading speed is slower.
  4. screen start loading stuck can be solved by re-flashing the motherboard firmware and screen firmware, download site: Firmware Download | Sovol3d, please choose to download the firmware according to their own machine has no mixed color nozzle and bltouch, the motherboard firmware and screen firmware should match, otherwise it will cause the boot
  5. thermistor short circuit will cause heating failure, but and can not connect to the computer and can not start should not be related
    Thank you
    Best regards
    Sovol Team