SV07 LED lighting so bright as to be useless

Yeah the LED is so bright it blows out my webcam. I hope they find some way to control it beyond on/off, because its potentially very useful, I mean the light is always where I want it, its just so bright the whole thing is just a brilliant white smear.

Sorry to be terse, but you can set the level.

No no, don’t apologize – but how?? On the printer itself it only has on/off and in the web gui there is a slider but it doesn’t do anything.

Strange - I had a slider on mine on the LED page.

Off --------------------^------- On

Since I’ve upgraded, I’m now seeing the same as you - Off or On. Guess that we need to make a request for the next upgrade. I’ll also look at the printer.cfg file and see if there’s something there that we can do in the mean time.

Tim

I’m glad that I’m not crazy lol

Thanks for checking into it, it’s appreciated!

if you add this to the config for the led it will let you control brightness

pin: PC4
pwm: 1
value: 1
cycle_time: 0.001

in the original config it had this but with a cycle time of 5 seconds so the pwm just made it flash, with this cycle time it works to dim but flickers a bit in the camera depending on the frame rate

Works like a charm! Thanks Tom!!

It also looks like they’ve updated that in the new update.

out of interest, where are you getting config updates from?

The “Update” option on the control panel initially (Configuration → System → Update), but the current one is from Sovol to fix my last botched upgrade that bricked the system.

My current version is 1.08-07P

oh, i didnt think that would get config updates from sovol, cool thanks

On the SV07 it is the Oct 5th unless they updated it again.

You can find it on their website, add to USB with nothing else and turn off the the printer and insert it to the side USB and turn it back on.

I have bricked it by adding the Mainsail OS update to Moonraker config, do this at your own peril as I have bricked it by "updating from the Github repo “ do not touch the debain file Legacy 3 Fork Buster or you will brick it 100%.

As for official updates they are on their website, never been able to update without manually doing it without some error in mandarin.

But I also do not know Linux, I have a big mousepad with the commands, still pretty useless with it.