SV06 Mainboard brick after updating Sovol Firmware

Target and they were SanDisk. They were blowing them out because they only carry the 16GB and larger now (part of their Camera area rather than computers).

Wow, that doesnt look good for people like us that need smaller ones to be able to use them for 32 bit main boards :frowning:

When I said link, I did mean to your model store :smiley:

I use Yeggi.com and let them do the heavy lifting!

I am quite addicted to No Man’s Sky (hey, it starts by admitting you have a problem …). There are a number of makers who have created excellent models of ships, items, and creatures from the game.

Yes - I suspect that 8GB units will go up in price in the next months.

Maybe your next shop should be obtaining smaller SD’s and reselling them? LOL!!

Hey m0dzilla,

worked perfectly. Thank you. (I used a 8GB sd card)

Normally there is no need to rename the firmware. But if the screen is blue after reflashing the firmware, please try to change the original firmware file name, you can rename it as “firmware.bin”

Have you solved it? If not, please contact us, we will reissue a new mainboard to you

For posterirty - I almost exclusively use the SanDisk SD cards, but I have also had success in my cameras and Raspberry Pi models with the Gigastone branded cards. If you need an 8GB card, they are widely available via Amazon and kits of 10 can be had for around US$4 per card ($39.95 for 10). These are the last ones that I bought (not an affiliate link):

I recommend formatting SD cards with the “Fat32Formatter” program. It was still fine with Win98, but at some point microsoft came up with the idea of ​​using the newer file systems. But the printer really only understands FAT32 and small SD cards and not advanced file systems like Windows uses today.

Use 8, 16 or maximum 32 GB SD cards. Just the original Win98 FAT as the proposed program uses it.

The file system tells the computer how to organize and read files on the card.
Everyone understands FAT32, even if it is simple.

I checked again. Above 32 GB, Windows does not use FAT32. Windows use an advanced file system.

Fat32Formatter can format up to 2 terabytes of FAT32, but it is slower and more complicated than advanced file system

The printer will not understand anything but FAT32

Maybe the name should be shorter: like in DOS only 8.3
firmware.bin

1 Like

One more issue that I discovered - if you are using 21H2 (Windows 10) or any Windows 11 version, when you format the SD card, Windows installs a folder named “System Volume Information” onto the SD card. This folder is not normally visible. You need to remove that folder so that the ONLY thing on the SD card is the .bin firmware file (the filename doesn’t seem to matter as mentioned above).

2 Likes

With Rasberry PI Imager, you can Format any SD-Card to Fat32.

After I reformatted the TF card and loaded the firmware on it, I was able to start the printer again. My problem now is that I have to use the TF card every time I restart. How can I save the firmware to the printer?

1 Like

If you can boot, the firmware flashed to the unit properly. Clarifying - the system board doesn’t boot from the uSD card (like a floppy disk), but has a pre-POST function that recognizes a “.bin” file at the root level of the uSD and copies that .bin file into it’s boot space if the filename is different from the loaded version and then boots from the installed .bin file (to the best that I can grok).

Can you boot with no microSD card in the printer?

Make sure that you don’t have a .bin file on your normal file microSD card. That could be trying to reflash the firmware each time.

Ja ich kann ohne SD Karte booten, aber nach 3 oder 4 mal habe ich wieder einen blauen Bildschiirm und ich muss den Drucker wieder mit der Firmware SD Karte starten.Die Firmware scheint sich nicht dauerhaft im System zu speichern.

Es ist zwar keine direkte Hilfe bzw. Lösung deines Problems, aber ich habe jetzt ein SKR E3 Mini V3 drin am laufen, Firmware hat Rory Game auf der Offiziellen Facebook Gruppe bereitgestellt und der Gerät SV06 kann mehr, läuft besser und UBL statt ABL ist jetzt auch vorhanden. Wenn dich der Umbau und 50€ für das Board nicht scheut!

Hallo Melthor, danke für die schnelle Antwort.Das tönt eigentlich supper. Ich bin leider mit der ElEktronik nicht so bewandert. Ist das eine komplizierte Sache mit dem Umbau. Was ist Im Preis von 50 € alles enthalten…Ich muss nun nur noch schauen wie ich auf dise Facebook Seite komme. Ich habe nämlich kein Facbook Konto.Giobt es noch eine andere Möglichkeit an diese Firmware zu kommen?

Ich kann dir, sobald ich zuhause bin, mal ein bisschen hilfe geben. Außer einer Crimpzange wird nichts benötigt. Die Firmware und den rest stell ich dann hier als Guide rein.

Also der Guide braucht noch etwas, da ich noch Bilder machen muss. Das SKR E3 Mini V3 ist Plug in Austausch. Das einzige was geändert wird ist der Lüfter der an dem Grünenanschluss fest verschraubt ist. Bei dem Mainboard ist soweit alles dabei, ein USB Kabel und Jumper.