SV06 - Auto Bed Levelling Incosistent

Hi,

I just run the calibration process for the SV06 as described in the handbook several times. All with the same outcome.
Everything went smooth, no error messages or so but when I print a leveling test to adjust Z-offset on the left side the nozzle is way to deep (it scares the filament) and on the right side to high, so the lines are not closed. This is with the best Z-offset I could find.

A just calibrateted the Z-Axis again, with no effect. What can I do now?

Furthermore there is a scratching sound when I move the bed, like there is some dirt in the bearing. I just used some lubricant with no efffect.

Cheers and thanks for the help.

Chris

2 Likes
1 Like

from time to time i wash the printing sheet with washing-up liquid and take a new drying cloth.
There must be no grease on the printing sheet.

Habs mal genau so gemacht, wie Jenss beschrieben hat. Ich versuche seit Tagen erfolglos, den SV06 zu kalibrieren. Geb es langsam auf und werde das Teil wohl wieder verkaufen (bin vielleicht einfach zu blöd). Dieses Z-Offset mit dem Papier klappt überhaupt nicht, da klebt das Filament kaum an der Heizplatte (PETG bei 75Grad). Beim ersten Level wird dann auch alles mitgerissen.
Ich habe mal manuell versucht, eine Z-Offset Höhe einzustellen und da kam ich nach diversen Versuchen auf -1,58 (statt -1,3 wie mit dem Papier). Dann klappen 2 Ecken und die Mitte mit einem Kalbrierungsdruck, wo in jeder Ecke und in der Mitte ein Kreis gedruckt wird. Aber auf der rechten Seite wird wieder alles mitgerissen. Auto-Bed-Leveling habe ich natürlich ausgeführt, das scheint aber irgendwie nicht zu klappen. Ich bekomme es einfach nicht hin!

Ruhig Blut, in den ersten Tagen hätte ich den Drucker auch fast …

Ist das beschichtete Blech frei von Fett ?
Ich habe es mit SpĂĽlmittel gewaschen aber Isopropylalkohol 90% ist besser
(Nein, das kannst du nicht trinken …)

Sind die Achsen-Kuppler auf den Z-Motoren richtig montiert?
Die Riemen nicht zu lose oder fest gespannt ?

Dann sind beide Z Achsen auf gleicher Höhe?
Ausschalten, etwas unter legen, von Hand leveln

Ein Punkt habe ich auch noch nicht ganz drauf:
Die Höhe des induktiven Sensors muss ungefähr zu Höhe der Nozzle passen.
Die Nozzle sollte circa 1-2 mm tiefer sein als der Sensor.
Leider ist die Höhe der Nozzle vom Fan verdeckt.

Wenn du nicht ins Bett rammen willst nimm erst mal eine dicke Pappe zum ĂĽben dazwischen !

Wo beim Sensor das Kabel raus kommt ist eine Schraube, die kann den Sensor in Z hoch ziehen. Wenn ich die Schrauben aber lösen dann dreht sich die Schraube heraus statt den Sensor nach unten …

such doch mal bei Youtube folgendes “3d printer automatic bed leveling 6 steps”
es trifft zwar nicht alles zu (der SV06 hat keine Federn/springs)
aber vielleicht verstehst du dann worauf es ankommt.

ĂĽbrigens, bei Z=0 steht meine Nozzle ca 1mm ĂĽber dem Bett, nicht darauf
den Rest mache ich dann im Z-Offset

Ich hab auch eine billige Rolle Filament, die hafte fast gar nicht am Bett.
Ist aber PLA.

Wenn ich vor her eine andere Farbe PLA auf das Bett drucke und
dann das Filament wechsel kann ich die nehmen.

Ist das Filament feucht ?
Es gibt Anleitungen Filament zu trocknen…

Lagerung: ich habe eine Box mit SchnappverschlĂĽssen und diesen Trockenperlen.
Das Hydrometer zeigt weniger als 15% an.
Die Box öffne ich nur ganz kurz um eine Rolle heraus zu nehmen und eine Andere wieder hinein zu legen.
Dann sind es schon 19% Feuchtigkeit. Das sinkt aber wieder.

Danke! Ich habe die Z-Achse manuell eingestellt. Komme aber gerade nicht zum testen :joy: Der erste Leveltest-Druck sah aber schon mal deutlich besser aus

Is this also something common with the SV06?

Did the Z-align, Z-offset and mesh like 10 times and it always prints way too high on the right side and very low on the left side of the bed…

I see that it does “something” because while printing a layer it slighty moves Z up and down but this doesn’t compensate for the bed’s imperfections enough.

1 Like

i am having the same exact problem you are. i wish Sovol would address this because there is no other way to level the bed otherwise

1 Like

I also tried leveling the gantry manually with 2 glasses but it was really just max. 0,5mm uneven and also this didn’t help at all.

did the same thing with soup cans. took the idea from Modbots youtube vid where he was experiencing this exact same problem with his review unit. this should be a super simple firmware update. why has nobody replied from SOVOL?? where is the support??

For you, the soup can method didn’t fix it also?

I also have same problem, high on the right. Surely the soup can meathod makes no difference because that’s the idea of the mesh bed levelling? How-ever far it is out (within reason, obvs) the software should compensate…

1 Like

Well, until Sovol come up with a fix I’ve MacGyver’d mine and it seems to be working much better. I printed off a single layer 0.2mm high test ring about 150mm in diameter, then peeled it off and measured it. On the left it measured 0.2mm thick, on the right it is 0.42mm, so I unscrewed the heat plate and added a 0.2mm shim washer on top of each of the right hand support pillars and removed the centre pillar. If you try this don’t do a bed level after you’ve added the shims as you will be back to square one.

1 Like

so what ive done to fix the mesh to the best i can without a official firmware update from SOVOL is as follows. im not sure which of these did it, but its not to hard to combine all of them.

First, go around to each individual screw and check for tightness. i found several that definitely could have been tightened more from the factory, especially the top 4 screws on the Gantry.

MAKE SURE TO STORE SETTINGS AFTER EACH CALIBRATION IN BED LEVELING!!

1. in CURA, add the line M240 S1 after the G28 command code in the starting Gcode (prefrences-> Configure sovol-> printers-> Machine Settings) this makes sure the mesh bed leveling is turned back on after the G28 Code, which in Marlin Firmware disables it?

2. run auto z axis level. when its about to do the death rattle up top aligning itself, get ready, and apply a solid amount of pressure upwards into the stops when it reaches it with your thumbs on each side breifly. my thought here was to help it get as level as possible, since Modbot had mentioned it was why he did the soup can method in the first place.

3. Auto Home. STORE SETTTING

4. Probe your Z axis offset and adjust accordingly. STORE SETTING

5. Run the bed leveling. STORE SETTING

6. Change the Fade Height from 10 to 15. my thought here was to give the mesh logic more time to compensate for bed level changes.

7. in CURA, load up your favorite bed level print of your choice and set the height of the model to .3 if its below.

8. set your initial layer height to .3 and slow the first layer down a bit. on my testing i set it to 20 mm/s

9. Load it up and print. watch the squares fill in, and as it goes, on printer click the wheel and go to Tune-> probe Z offset. gradually bring it down until you get a happy medium between the left and right. dont forget to STORE SETTINGS after each adjustment. i backed completely out of the config menu for good measure as well but might not be needed.

All this being said. Sovol needs to push a firmware fix for this ASAP because otherwise this is a fantastic printer out of the box.

1 Like

@spitblood08 thanks for the extremely detailed reply, I’ll give that a go at the weekend. I have seen references to the M240 S1, I am no expert on this but surely the bed leveling is already turned on because the two z motors/z axis lead screws can be seen turning when the print-head is moving sideways across the bed. If the machine wasn’t compensating then these would be stationary other than at z-hops or layer change? I have thought about making a pair of spacers a bit more accurate than bean cans and manually setting the z height each time I power the machine on, if this is what it takes the so be it. Thanks.

Just chiming in that I’m also experiencing this issue. It’s not a problem for small prints, but large prints are impossible. I also can’t find any firmware available anywhere to try to amend the problem.

Same problem here, nothing will really work, try the steps on Tuesday,ordered a other pro plate, if it doesn’t work I’ll have fun with Sovol support to get the machine back to sender

You can find the firmware here: