Sovol Sv06 no print finished

Korbin https://forum.sovol3d.com/u/korbin
January 25

Hello,
Now I’m just frustrated. I have the problem that I can’t finish a print.
after about 1 hour no more filament is fed. This is what happens with PLA
and PETG.
I checked/cleaned everything and changed my nozzle but it doesn’t help.
Temperature and retract values ​​are set correctly.

It makes no difference when I print at 17° in the apartment or at 38° in
the closet.

The filament in the extruder looks like the nozzle is clogged because it’s
already kerpened by the gearbox…but that’s not the case.

[image: 20230121_200507]
https://global.discourse-cdn.com/standard14/uploads/sovolforum/original/1X/970acaaaec9ba49d8b4a5aa44689b0947e601429.jpeg

I have read that several people have this or a similar problem but
unfortunately no solution to the problem…
My email to the support doesn’t seem to do anything…

Greetings

I know this is probably not what you want to hear but have you tried a
different name brand of filament like I kept having problems like that with
filament I had put away in a sealed tote that I had from eBay and I just
got mad and trashed it as much as I hated too but I run overture only now
and it’s not even expensive filament but my printer works like a totally
different printer with it and I hope your fix is that simple but more than
likely it’s your filament is not a consistent diameter or you have heat
creep at the hot end and it’s backing up to the extruder gears and grinding
…it’s aggravating for sure

Visit Topic

How well is the hot end cooling fan working? I have an SV04 and it started doing this and I was stumped for a bit. It has two hot ends so I compared the fan speeds and the one that was clogging was running slower than the one that wasn’t. I ordered two better fans with ball bearings and replaced the stock Creality fans and haven’t had a problem since.

I don’t know why so many companies insist on using the “hydraulic bearings” which is a sleeve bearing with as little oil as possible on it. In use the oil dries out and the fan slows down.

Depending on the exact fan on your machine you may be able to resurrect it for a while by putting a few drops of light oil in the hole under the circular sticker on the back side of the fan, if you wipe the surface after oiling you may be able to get the label to stick again. Some fans don’t have a hole and can’t be oiled.

If you lived it try a reprint, if it changes anything you are on the right track.

Vance

hi @Korbin

I apologize for causing you trouble and sorry for skipping some details in your discussion. Before addressing your issue, I want to explain how me and my colleague work together to address each of your problems. We receive feedback or requests from the customers, and we address it in a prompt manner if we are on shift(9am-6pm at Beijing time Monday to Friday, exclude for Holidays) based on our stock knowledge of the 3d printing industry, the machine, and the official policy. As members of the support team, we respond within a required time range, but when we come across problems that are beyond our recognition, it takes us some time to ask our colleagues who are in charge of this professional area and to get back to you with an English-interpreted answer after we receive a response from them. The waiting is sometimes long enough to bother some of our customers who are in urgent need of an answer or a solution, and we feel the same. We are not trying to find an excuse for the late or seemingly unprofessional response. We are telling this to let you know that we are responding late for a reason rather than ignoring your requests.

There might be unreasonable elements related to the intercommunications, and we are working hard to find a way of sorting things out with greater efficiency.

Back to your issue of the Sovol SV06 not printing finished, I doubt that this may be caused by a heat creep issue that bothers many 3d printers. In this forum there are users who’ve discussed this issue with details about the reason and solutions, you could refer to it first first. And hopefully replies in this thread could give you some inspiration.

In the meantime, info from this thread would be forwarded to the technician for analysis of the root and hopefully, a solution would come out ASAP.

Please ignore my typo or explanation errors if any.
Best greetings.

Miya from Sovol

3 Likes

@sovol3d
how long should I wait for the answer to my email to support before I ask again?
It’s a month now…

Sounds like a bad extruder stepper motor.

1 Like

Either that or the extruder channel amp on the main board is getting hot as it consistently prints for a certain time before failing. Same for the motor as TheCoop mentions.

@Korbin Make sure the fan cooling the main board is running too.

In line with @nmanley’s thought process - This is why it’s highly recommended to unmount the main board and power supply from the printer when you’re printing in an enclosure, so that those components are in the open air and not being cooked.

1 Like

Which fans did you order?

Hallo
Ich konnte noch nicht drucken da das Touchscreen nicht geht und ersatz habe ich noch nicht bekommen .
Ich kann leider nicht helfen.
Gruß Jürgen

1 Like

They’re referring to a fan such as this - 24v dual ball bearing 4010 blower fan(Correct fan size, etc, but wrong connector size to plug in on extruder. If you’re willing to do some soldering or crimping to convert it, cool. Can’t find a suitable fan with the 1.25mm pitch [I think…] connector that’s on the SV06 extruder.)

ok i checked the fan in the mainboard box starts up as soon as the bed and the nozzle are heated…but it’s off when printing.
is this temperature controlled?
Does your fan stay on all the time?

I’m just printing again new petg has arrived will report. :+1:

I was having that problem too. I noticed it was only happening with my full sized 1KG spools, not the .25kg spools. I printed a bushing that reduces the contact points on the spool holder, and have not had the issue since. I think it’s because the spool rolls out to the low end of the holder, and binds up against the flange meant to keep the spool on the holder. It’s much worse with cardboard spools.

I suppose one could get the same effect with UHMW tape around the spool holder, to reduce the friction with the spools.

My spool holder is with ball bearings and rolls off really easy.

I’ve been printing for 1.5 hours now, the fan in the mainboard case started at some point.
from the outside no heat is noticeable at the box

The print still looks good.

I’ll see the final result in the morning

I was curious what he used on the SV04 as that’s what I have.

1 Like

Check your fan settings in Cura, it’s likely controlled from there.

I had this issue with one of the SV04 spool holders, but increasing the tension on the gear solved it. Thinking of making the bushings anyway, it seems like the right thing to do.

1 Like

Print looks pretty good so far. Your spool holder is a great benchtop setup
I still have my SV01 Pro in the box as upgrading a old (free) Ender 3 has kept me busy.

2 Likes

my print printed to the end and what can i say…it looks good.
Will start the next one right after work.

1 Like

Hi @karlsinn. Sorry to cause you trouble. Could you please message me in this forum with your order ID and email address, as well as a sketch of the problem you are having? I’ll forward your information to the CS in no time. Thanks!