SOVOL sv04

Hello all I have had the sv04 now for a while now it prints great and work great apart from a few minor issues my question is what is the reason to update the firmware and the display screen I see their are updates but am reluctant to touch any of the setting because it works great and am worried if I do any updates that it won’t work as good as it does now so I guess I am looking for advice if it should be done and the benefits of doing it or not I have don’t a few upgrades to it

The reason for updating firmware / display software is to improve those pesky little things & to get new features and/or hardware addons running properly. Usually the new firmware version should come with a documentation about the new or altered features.
Turning back to the current state is no big deal: It is always possible to install a previous firmware version.

1 Like

Can you put a link to the files for your modifications?
Also to your Tupperware boxes. Do they work well? I assume the shelf in there is for desiccant.

Good day sorry I haven’t replied haven’t been on in a while if your still interested I can give you a rundown Ian the links
Ps playing around I have slitly modified the box actually it’s a way better solution that before and it makes a huge difference inside humidity and outside
Anyway let me know

I am interested.
I found some of the things like the filament runout sensor mounts and the braces.
I would be interested in what containers you used though and any other advice you have.

Hi again because I use 1kg rolled the ctr binder didn’t work it caused it to sag so don’t worry about that I replaces it with the red roll holder with the bearings that way the spool sits on it the spool holder is bolted through the container and is bolted to the gantry with a printed L bracket for extra support you will find the humidity difference in my case was significant like in the box was 12% and out side was like 65% humidity in cold places you could also put a reptile pad to heat up the inside of the box I am on the road so it’s a bit hard to get you more info but I will get it to ya in a day when I return

This is the container I used

Hi mate I’ll ad the links for some things that I have
Cheap Ikea Drybox Thermo - Hygrometer Mount Cheap Ikea Drybox Thermo - Hygrometer Mount by Rimbalin - Thingiverse

Removeable Silica Container for Drybox Removeable Silica Container for Drybox by CyberDNS - Thingiverse

SD Card Holder for Creality CR-6 SE easy print no supports SD Card Holder for Creality CR-6 SE easy print no supports by Nick_Groot - Thingiverse

Toolholder for Ender 3 V2 Toolholder for Ender 3 V2 by Plugge - Thingiverse

Sovol SV04 Rear Z Frame Brace Sovol SV04 Rear Z Frame Brace by EvoCivic - Thingiverse

https://www.printables.com/model/159328-filament-holder

Use this bolted to the side of the dryer box I haven’t mounted mine yet it will complete the build
Simple Filament Guide with Roller Simple Filament Guide with Roller by dimeman - Thingiverse