Printer not executing gcide

Okay, talk to me like I’m a toddler, because I’m new to this.

It heats correctly. And then it just…sits. I get nothing. It will feed if I go to refuel. So it’s not the extruders. It just simply refuses to execute the gcode.

I thought “maybe it’s the card!” New card, same issue.

“Maybe it’s the slicer!” New slicer, same issue.

I’m at my wits end here.

For toddlers: More information will result in better advice …

Helpful information would comprise what you did before starting the print job, the firmware version of your SV04, the print file or the first lines of the print file you are trying to print, whether your SV04 has been set up according to the user manual, whether it has proved to print before, whether it has been calibrated before & so on. I will skip slicer type & settings here that could be helpful to locate problems, too.

From the scarce information you wrote it seems that the gcode command(s) for heating up (nozzle / bed / both nozzles?) seem to work in a correct way. It would also be helpful to know the target temperature(s) & if there is any movement of the extruders after switching on power & after starting the print job.

Everything was set up via the manual. I wouldn’t know the first thing about how to share the code.

I use cura to slice the STL file, put it on to the SD card, put it into the printer, turn the printer on (yes I’ve tried turning on the printer and then inserting the SD card) and follow the standard process to start a print.

The main extruder will move to center, it will go through the leveling process, it will heat up, it will hold temperature. But the extruders do not move beyond that.

I believe the current firmware for my printer is 1.1.4.

It printed just fine up until couple days ago following the exact same set of steps. I’ve printed fidget toys, articulated files, and it’s had no problem up until now.

Code sharing works as follows:
Your slicer turns STL models in a bunch of gcode commands & lets you save them in a .gcode-file. Open this file (the one you put on your SDcard) in a text editor - it is human readable text. Copy the first lines of this code into clipboard & paste them here in your next answer - that’s it.
When copying the first line of code please include all lines from that begin with M104, M109, M140 & M190 - these are the gcode commands that order your SV04 to heat up nozzles & print bed to target temperatures and to wait until the the temperatures are reached. Your print process might hang up here. Therefore it would be helpful to know the temperatures displayed (bed & nozzle/nozzles). There could be lots of M104 gcode commands in the file - relevant are the ones in the beginning that precede a M109 command.

Next question: Did you ever run a PID calibration on your SV04? Maybe this could solve the problem.

Tried the PID and I get an error that says “error: echo busy. Paused for user”

That’s literally all it does for HOURS.

With the initial run of code, I get an error towards the end. It won’t let me upload a photo, but it says echo error m605s4, and echo error t0.

Good news is the printer is working with older prints I’ve done, so it has to be some kind of issue in the gcode execution. Right?

It’s hard to say what went wrong during PID tuning without further information. It seems that the printer has been waiting for your input,

It’s impossible to agree to that without knowing the print file & your slicer settings.

What input would I need? I couldn’t find anything with a Google search. I told you, I am a total novice here. I greatly appreciate your patience and helping me learn as I go here.

The error message you posted is usally sent by the printer firmware when it indicates that the printer is waiting for the user to send further gcode instructions. From my perspective it seems that you followed the PID tuning tutorial I posted the link to above. For more precise advice It would be helpful to know what steps you took & what results your SV04 replied. A screenshot or a copy/paste of the printerface/printrun messages would be handy.