Major Filament Buildup

Had my SVO6 Plus for only a few days, tried to do my first big print last night, at some point there was a failure and I came back to a MAJOR filament buildup on the extruder and hotend. Any advice to salvage this? I attempted to heat it up to start cleaning but was met with a “Thermistor Error”.

A lot of patience.
Melt the filament with hotgun (not too hot) and gradually remove the filament with small pliers.

Yes.

First, you should understand what you are trying to do.

that starts with understanding the parts of the system, how they are intended to fit together, and what to expect when certain parts are not assembled completely at factory.

the silver rectangular block of aluminium the nozzle threads into?
the other end has the heat break threaded in.
see a nice pic on amazon, where you will be purchasing a fresh start.

Now, the matter at hand.
when you install a nozzle, the tight part, yea?
what is happening is youre mating the face ends of the heatbreak, and nozzle, inside the block. That, is what seals the joint. The highpressure, hot runny plastic should never see the threads, or the light of day :kissing_heart:.

so. Everyone has done this, or will. Like Bikers an the first wreck.
jus learn the right lesson. first, the plus has shipped with loose bits, fact. so, use the supplied tools, and check every fastener.
get a harbor freight or better heat gun
youll use it to give every print a quick dusting, and rarely, heat your way out of an issue with no internal heat. in this case its hours of cussing and burns, or 30 bux an lesson learned. let your wallet and pain tolerance be your guide.
lastly, the Plus block is attached with good design, Clamping in line with the center of the ultra thinwall of the heatbreak neck. as such, with the M2.5x10 screws well installed, you can carefully do one hand noz changes. the regular 6 uses the other holes, inducing a bending moment.

HAPPY PRINTING