Bed leveling, adhesion, z offset issues

I have a basic model SV-01, I added the BL touch to try and address issues I’ve been having with bed leveling. Following the youtube video from Joshua Bardwell https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH8F8VRKDko I’ve setup the firmware from coptertec and all seems to be working as it does in the video.

Once I built the mesh, I went to try a print and it was obvious whatever was happening wasn’t what I expected’ my printer appeared to be terribly unlevel and the print was coming out like garbage. I have added the G code specified in the video to Cura, but the 3 point leveling it’s supposed to run doesn’t appear to work, it only probes 0,0 then carries on with the print obviously either not loading the mesh properly, or making some adjustment due to that 3 point level not working?

I went back and double checked my Z offset, now when I auto-home and set it to zero it just catches a piece of paper like I would expect, but when I went in to edit the mesh manually “fine tuning” as it’s referred to in the firmware, I had to raise the points past middle on X by nearly 0.3mm to stop the print head from grinding into my print bed and scraping the glass. seems no matter what I do it just can’t build an accurate mesh, or if I ever get a good mesh it won’t load it properly when it comes print time and the work is for naught anyway.

At this point, it feels like I’ve tried everything and I’m in need of help to make new troubleshooting steps to identify what’s going wrong.

You may want to check these possible error sources:

• reset to printer defaults after new firmware installing
  • PID tuning (extruder & printbed)
  • extruder step calibration

I acknowledge these will be good to check, but will they help understand why the mesh my printer is generating seems to be not working/misconfigured?

These are most common failure sources after a new firrmware has been installed.
Understanding what your printer is doing will require a deep dive into the source code of your current firmware version. Checking the Marlin configuration files is a good starting point.