Want to help some people like me who don't know how to choose a 3D printer

I previously didn’t know much about 3D printing, but I gradually learned about 3D printers because I wanted to print a toy model. After asking questions and researching, I finally chose the SV06, and I read many people’s reviews about this machine on forums. Honestly, I feel like this machine is what I want.

I believe many people are puzzled about how to choose a 3D printer that suits them. I have summarized some considerations based on some information and my own experience, and ranked them in order of importance according to my own situation (1 being the most important):

1.Print Quality: Print quality directly affects the appearance and functionality of the final printed product. Therefore, this is one of the most important factors to consider when choosing a 3D printer.

2.Printing Material: The choice of printing material will directly affect the performance and use of the printed model. Make sure the selected printer supports the types of materials you need to use.

3.Ease of Use: An easy-to-set-up and operate 3D printer will improve your work efficiency and user experience, so ease of use ranks high among the factors to consider. Especially for novice users like me.

4.Support and Service: Good after-sales service and support will ensure that you can get help and support in a timely manner during use, which is crucial for problem-solving and improving work efficiency. I carefully watched the tutorial videos about the SV06 on the Sovol forum, which were very detailed!

5.Printing Volume: The printing volume determines the maximum size of the model you can print, which is particularly important for users who need to print large projects. For me, the size of the printed items usually won’t be too large.

6.Printing Speed: Printing speed affects your production efficiency, but compared to print quality and material selection, it is generally less important. I am patient in this regard.

7.Price: Price is an important consideration, but usually, to get better quality and performance, you can increase your budget appropriately. Although I said in the previous post that I don’t want to spend too much money because I consider that I don’t use it frequently, it doesn’t mean I am unwilling to pay for a good product, such as my MIRACO 3D scanner.

8.Upgradeability: Although upgradeability can extend the lifespan and flexibility of the printer, it may not be the most important consideration at the initial selection. This is something I saw when I was researching, and personally, I don’t think it’s a very important factor, so it’s ranked last.

Could you leave your choice ranking? I’d like to hear everyone’s thoughts.

1 Like