Total beginner, what should I start with?

Hi, all, I am interested in starting to learn 3d printing. The videos of Bambu lab are really cool! I would like to choose a small one 3d printer to start with as a hobby. Is A1 mini a good choice? Or others such as Kingroon kp3s, ender 3 series? Confused.

1 Like

Hi,
Very strange to post on the Sovol3d forum to ask for purchasing advice for other brands.
Not sure we know all the brands well.

1 Like

This depends if you just want to print, or actually learn 3d printing. I.E. calibrating, troubleshooting, customization, etc. The A1 mini has great reviews, simply setup and print. With that, you also get a closed source machine that you’ll mostly only have bambu parts to use as well as rumored horrible customer service (i don’t know if this is completely true or not)
If you want to learn how your machine works, how to calibrate everything, upgrades, a decent customer service experience ( I’ve always had excellent service), and save a few bucks, Sovol is a great choice. You can get an sv06 for $200 and have a machine with a larger build plate and high temp extruder if you plan on getting into higher temp filaments. Going this way won’t be plug and play like the mini, but you’ll get a printer that is extremely capable after some calibration and adjustments.

1 Like

That’s why I didn’t answer yesterday. Her other post also has a link to Kingroon.

2 Likes