SV06 Plus Layer Shifting upper layers

Hello, Im fairly new to 3D printing.

I managed to setup calibrate and print Benchy no problem.

I was trying to print a larger item (bog roll holder) and left it to run overnight.

I was awoken to loud crunchy noise, and saw the print had layer shifted in multiple places.

I believe this is because I may have the nozzle too low, so it hits the print, and the crunch is the magnetic PEI being knocked off.

Wanted to validate my understanding before attempting another 12hour print and also ask, is there anything I can do about the failed print??

1 Like

Top view

I would have liked to see a pic while it was still on the buildplate to see orientation of model & look for adhesion issues.
Without more info or that pic, it’s all just a guess.

My guess would be that the print broke off from the plate…because the 1st issue is pretty low in the model.

Hello,
Lots of possibilities for such a problem.
Without further clue, I will say a lack of adhesion of the first layer which causes an unstable model.
Cheers

I think I have figured it out
I had placed the sticker on the textured side, so as the plate heated up, the print kept coming off the plate.

I have now stuck it to the reverse side and it seems to be sticking a lot better.
Will try the longer print tonight with hopefully no issues.

2 Likes

What sticker, can you post a pic…??

1 Like

Check your retraction Z-hop setting. When the printer retracts to move to it’s next position, it needs to raise a minimum of .02mm to insure it will clear the rest of your print. I set mine to .04mm. Or it will contact your project and eventually knock your project free of the bed. This setting is not automatically set in some slicers.