SV06 - bunching up and not sticking to bed

Mich0111: Yes I always store the settings.
Ajwsurfer : I washed the bed and will try the temperatures you suggested. I saw the video on the soup can method and used a ruler on both sides instead to check that they were even.

Ajwsurfer : Washed the bed with soap and water, dried it over several days and placed it back on without touching the surface. Used the settings of 65 bed and 205 for PLA. Does not stick to the bed at all. Bunches up on the nozzle.

You really don’t need to dry the bed at all. When it heats to 65c the water will evaporate, but I usualy wipe the bed dry with a paper towl. Is the plastic PLA or PETG (or worse yet ABS or ASA)? I get this problem when I try to print PETG with PLA settings. If you are actualy using PLA, the “z offset” is too high, and/or the “z axis” is out of alignment (I use the “soup can” method to correct the z axis alignement) and/or the “auto bed level” routine needs to be run. If you are trying to print with PETG the temperatures are 240c and 80c.

In the Cura Slicer, I put the line: “G29 ; Auto bed leveling” in the “Start G-Code” right after the line “G28 ; home”. This way the “Auto Bed Level” happens before every print. Then I only need to manually make sure the “z offset” and “z axis alignment” are correct.

For me, the “Z axis alignment” needs to be adjusted when it becomes apparent that the bed level is incorrect on the first layer from one sided of the bed to the other. And the “z offset” needs to be adjusted when the it is obvious that the entire first layer is either too thin or to thick.

In the case where the plastic does not stick to the bed, either you are using the wrong plastic for the temperature settings, or the “z offset” is way to large (The nozzle is way to far away from the bed [for me the “z offset” is between -1.75mm and -2.10mm])

You can make these instead of using soup cans.

https://www.printables.com/model/528603-dual-z-axis-leveling-block

ajwsurfer : I will try with a damp paper towel before the next test. It is PLA. The Z offset is the paper width whereas the paper is almost sticking as I pull it so the Z-probe seems to be ok. I used a ruler instead of the soup can method and it seems to be the correct height on both sides. I run through all of the auto leveling before I test anything.
When I raised the temperature of the PLA to 235, that is when it seems to stick for the longest period of time, however after the PLA cooled and the second layer started to print, that is when the PLA peeled off the bed. This is very frustrating for a new product.

Lion : I can’t print those at home (obviously since it is not sticking) but I will print those at work. Thank you.

One thing to check is the slicer settings. The layer height needs to be 0.2mm, and the layer width needs to be 0.4mm. Not 2.0 mm and 4.0 mm.

While you are printing the first layer, push down on the knob to click into the menu - choose “tune” - choose “z offset”, and adjust it. For negative numbers, the larger the number the closer the nozzle is to the bed. So -2.10 moves the nozzle closer to the bed, than -2.00. Click on the new number to get out of the “z 0ffset” to wait for the layer to print back and forth a few times. Rinse and repeat, until there is a smooth layer, not bunching, and no air gaps between lines.

My “z-offset” is at -1.85 right now, and I am printing PETG and TPU with a first layer height of 0.25mm, layer height of 0.2mm, and layer width is 0.4mm, temperatures are 240c and 80c. For PLA the first layer height of 0.2mm, layer height of 0.2mm, and layer width is 0.4mm, temperatures are 200c and 65c.

Hello,

I prefer mine.
When I have made rhe first one, which looked like yours, the too large top prevented to adjust correctly the horizontal bar.

BR

I have not heard back from the company about the issue. I sent videos and pictures and they have not replied yet.