SV04 heating failure

Bom dia,
tenho um SV04 em 3 de Abril de 2024 e uso pouco, porém agora que deixei um pouco mais de tempo ela apresentou mensagem de heating failure, mandei aquecer a cama separadamente e ela não aquece, as extrusoras também apresentam erro antes de chegar a 190ºC
como posso resolver???

Hello,
Check the power supply. It is possible that it no longer provides enough current.
Cheers

Thanks for the tip;
The voltages are OK, but I’m buying a new 24v 30A power supply for testing.
If it is not the Source, is there anything else that could cause a defect?

Hi,
If either the nozzle or the bed didn’t work, it could be something else but if both are broken, for the moment, I don’t see anything else.

You could check your heatbed as recently discussed here.
The firmware nozzle PID-settings might deviate too much, nozzle PID-tuning might fix that problem. In order to tune the right extruder the parameter E1 instead of E0 has to be used.

Thanks,
I am going to try

Good afternoon,
I tested the power supply, voltages were ok,
When I order the table to be heated, the output sends 24v,
this indicates that the source supply and the mosfet are OK,
I tested with two power supplies.
Could it be a firmware error???

Hi there,
a firmware error influencing temperatures only is quite unlikely. Anyhow, you’ll need to provide more information in order to get a better answer:

• Current firmware version;
  • Exact failure description - there are 3 different screens: “Thermal Runway”, “Heating Failed” + “Thermistor Error” & description what has been done before the screens showed up;
  • Terminal output of PID-tuning procedures for bed & both extruders.

Goodnight,
I’m here with new information about my problem.
I disassembled and tested cables and power supply of my SV04, everything OK
Follow photos of the errors after reassembly.
I’m thinking about updating the firmware.
Does anyone have any suggestions???
Is there a newer version??
I’m new to 3D printing.
I need help that can really help…
Thank you for the support…

Hi!
First of all: In order to help you with your printer problem it would be very helpful to describe what you did & what happened with the printer. This context information would allow to give you precise help rather then guessing what might have happened before you took these photos.

In general, these warning messages on the photos indicate that the target temperatures have not been reached in time. This type of warning could be generated for nozzles and hot-bed.

Judging by the photos it seems that both nozzles are able to heat up & that all temperature sensors are working.

Did you read the recent parallel thread about a hot-bed problem?
Did you try to locate your printer problem in the same way?
Did you already measure the electrical resistance of the hot-bed heater at the motherboard connectors?
Did you already try to run PID-tuning for hot-bed and nozzles?
There are newer firmware versions for the SV04. However, all firmware versions will handle heating issues exactly the same way as shown on your photos. From my point of view a firmware update will not solve your problem. Anyhow, which firmware version is currently on your SV04?

I left printing the cover of a box for a terminal press tool, it stopped halfway through with this error.
https://www.printables.com/model/558341-case-for-crimping-tool-and-ferrules-based-on-frog

Good morning,
I tested the heated bed by moving the cable a few times and it reached a temperature of 60ºC without showing the error, in these positions I also tested the heating of the nozzles and they reached the PLA temperature.
I believe my problem is with the heated bed cable or connector.
Does anyone know what model of connector and pinout it is?
Or do you have any suggestions for changing the cable and connector?
I even tried to print a support to fix the cable on the table, but when the table moves it shows the error.

Hi,
You should try to get.in touch with Sovol3d.
It’s possible it’s a case where the warranty can be used.
Regards

Hello Tigato,
it is quite difficult to help you without getting answers to my questions that were intended as guidance to locate the problem source.
The problem source could be an inaccurate PID setting. Therefore I asked whether you already tried PID tuning.
The problem source could be a defective hot-bed cable or defective cable connections, Therefore I asked whether you read the other thread. To answer your question: There is only one plug that connects the bed thermal sensor to the motherboard. The bed heater contacts use screw terminals on the motherboard. The bed contacts are soldered which is a potential failure source (as written in the other thread). Measuring the hot-bed from the motherboard contacts with a multimeter while moving the hot-bed by hand could help to locate the problem.
The hot-bed heater does not seem to be the problem because your SV04 has been able to finish half of the print.
/R
Björn

Good morning,
Sorry for not responding sooner, but I work nights, and I often don’t have time to open the computer at home, nor do I have time to test the printer;
but in the last tests, as I said in the last topic, when fiddling with the connector from the table to the base I found a position in which I tested the heated bed with 60 ºC and the nozzles with 205 ºC and they worked.
However, when I print something and the bed moves, the error appears.
concludes that the error is in the cable or connector.
If you can help me with the type of connector I can buy and the pinout, I’ll try to change it.

Good afternoon,
I hope it can help someone else; I found the problem;
the three cables were broken, Red, black and yellow in the same position, at the end of the support.
I found this arrangement to be very poorly done, for now I’m going to splice the cables and test them (they will be a little short), then I’m going to exchange them for another one that’s a little bigger and has a better support.
Does anyone know where to find the cable with the original 5-pin plug?
![

Thanks for letting us know.
No idea about the connector type. You could write to Sovol asking for a spare part. Maybe you’ll find a matching cable on aliexpress.

Hello,
Testing and printing supports for the heated bed,
Thank you everyone for the support.