SV04 Failing Flash Firmware V1.1.0 Need Advise

Hello,

I received my Sovol SV04 in August 2021 and it’s using firmware V1.0.2.

I followed the instruction from the document provided “How to flash the Motherboard firmware on SV04.docx”, but the firmware.bin from V1.1.0 never gets renamed to firmware.CUR. So this process fails.

I have tried to do these steps with different card (SD and Micro SD cards at 8Gb and 16Gb) but every time it failed.

I even tried to used an older version of the firmware V1.0.9 but it still failed.

I’m running out of ideas…

Does anyone know what I should do next?

Thank you
Ciol

Hello Ciol

1. please rename the bin file, for example to aaa.bin, and then try refreshing it again.
  2. If you still can’t solve the problem, please contact our customer service email: info@sovol3d.com
    Thank you
    Sovol Team

Thank you Sovol Team!
I followed your advised and it worked somehow!

Hi Ciol
You are welcome.

I am unable to update the firmware on mine, unfortunately mine did not come with an SD card so I am using a 16gb SD card per customer support recommendation however, no matter how I format it or how I name the firmware file it will not update.

I have the same problem, it sort of goes through the process of flashing but never renames the file, even if you rename it.
i also get the odd weird problem when it seem to just stop for no reason at all, so i am wondering if its the firmware not completing successfully.
i would like to put klipper on the machine but it wont flash at all so i know there is a problem.