Interesting design targets, budget allocations

hehehe

well, I’m new to the party. started at 6

have 2, run em a good bit.

got a plus, which a pretty poor chassis, tough to tune harmonics out of, which the bad firmware exacerbates, but its bigger.

think Lane Bryant. bigger… not better, but bigger

anyway, I say all that because its pretty clear from what I saw prior and read aftr, buying, that this was a half assed project in a box I ordered.

knowing that upfront and getting it on that stupid cheep mainsite sale a month back, and the fairly good support I have been getting on the AMAZONSOVOL, made getting one an easy choice.

dunno how many of you removed the big burr in the Z colum mating surface, I did.

the Y belt tensioner is a lovely bit of design. vastly better than the crap L brackets on the 6, and the oops.
but dimensioned by the the same idiot that been trying to bend Y motorshafts since day 1. The L brackets I can mitigate by drilling and tapping a second set of holes, 8mm over, then mount the pulley correctly. not possible on a 7.

drilled and tapped a 3mm in the center of the sled, and a 3.2 in the center of the bed.
so, 5 point bed mesh {flex}

Damn sled is not square to the Y vslot, so I’m correcting that before powering it up, wouldnt matter if you were keeping the Ender style bed mount.

Then the hardpart starts…
new computer stuff for the old machinist to learn

???

amazonus@sovol3d.com