SV07 Plus Error Messages

The difference is to you, the 7 (plus or not), has a different engine under the hood than the 6 (plus or not). as such, months from now if you delve into it that far, you’ll learn they can do different tricks, need different tools etc.

for now, the thing you need to spend time with is the slicer.
thats the software you bring the model into, and spits the code onto the microsd card.
Cura is popular, as is Prusaslicer. Both have been used as baselines for new improved slicers.
one fact sticks up here. the “fork” that Sovol created, and ships with the machine, is based from a multiversion old, badly configured version of Cura. its sad, but it is what it is.
If you have memorized the layout of the supplied cura, then go to ultimakers site, and get the latest.

If not, then mebbe take a bite of the orange :wink:

I have no idea how to find those settings otherwise I would screenshot them.

Also, will Cura work with both Sovol and anycubic Mono X?

sv07

start gcode
G28 ;Home

G92 E0 ;Reset Extruder
G1 Z2.0 F3000 ;Move Z Axis up
G1 X10.1 Y20 Z0.28 F5000.0 ;Move to start position
G1 X10.1 Y200.0 Z0.28 F1500.0 E15 ;Draw the first line
G1 X10.4 Y200.0 Z0.28 F5000.0 ;Move to side a little
G1 X10.4 Y20 Z0.28 F1500.0 E30 ;Draw the second line
G92 E0 ;Reset Extruder
G1 Z2.0 F3000 ;Move Z Axis up

end gcode
G91 ;Relative positioning
G1 E-2 F2700 ;Retract a bit
G1 E-2 Z0.2 F2400 ;Retract and raise Z
G1 Z1 ;Raise Z more
G90 ;Absolute positioning

G1 X0 Y200 ;Present print
M106 S0 ;Turn-off fan
M104 S0 ;Turn-off hotend
M140 S0 ;Turn-off bed
M84 X Y E ;Disable all steppers but Z

just need to change these code to fit your machine
G1 X10.1 Y20 Z0.28 F5000.0 ;Move to start position
G1 X10.1 Y200.0 Z0.28 F1500.0 E15 ;Draw the first line
G1 X10.4 Y200.0 Z0.28 F5000.0 ;Move to side a little
G1 X10.4 Y20 Z0.28 F1500.0 E30 ;Draw the second line

The Sovol gives you a Cura 5.0 custom profile, if it’s not on the black and red USB stick it came with you can Download it off here and there August Update that, says October 5th.

It’s handy to have that to flash the main machine if you brick your Klipper screen.

Some people use the Sovol Cura slicer but you are better off using OrcaSlicer which is a fork of Cura and Prusa and is open source.

Discord server for support.

Github.com make an account and download OrcaSlicer.
If you scroll down the page you will find a install file for your computer.

It has all the features of Cura and Prusa and more, built in fixes for stl’s that load wrong.

If you have used PrusaSlicer it will be similar.

For config files there is one on Printables and OrcaSlicer has the S7 and Plus preloaded too.

Actually, Orca slicer is a fork of the Bambu lads slicer, which is a fork or Prusa slicer which is a fork of super slicer. Cura is not a fork of any of the super slicer variants.

There are a few things other than copying the info over from cura…

First off, enable arcs in the printer config file. This allows the use of g2 and g3 commands. Arcs made better radi than a straight line. (I’m a CNC machinist by trade and I don’t play one on tv)

In orca, in the config panel enable arcs.

Go to printables and get the bed texture and bed files
https://www.printables.com/model/575394-sv07-plus-slicer-additions

Also pick up the config files that Christian Vic put together (I only needed a few changes but this guy has his shit together)

https://www.printables.com/model/607280-cvs-orcaslicer-presets-for-sovol-sv07-plus-v13b1

I highly recommend running a temp tower and flow tests…

Best wishes and have fun printing :wink:

2 Likes

Almost right, though the latter order is slightly different. I think Superslicer is actually a fork of Prusaslicer, and that in turn comes from the original Slic3r. Cura, as you say, has a different history. Superslicer itself, which is what I currently use, seems to have come to a dead end for now, or it had the last time I looked. There had been no releases for some time.

Yup, I stand corrected :sunglasses: my head is like insert stuff shake well then find it…

I tried to use Christian’s profiles and additions I followed his instructions but then I got all these G2 /G3 errors popping up. I’m using OrcaSlicer and have put all his S7 configs in it.

I am learning this stuff from scratch and the Mainsail FAQ says to add updates feature in Moonraker.config and it will update everything except the Linux version, then in during the night it will will update including the Linux fork Buster and brick the machine.

As it is going to the Github repo and updating the Linux fork Buster that I wish they would put on Github like with SV06 /+ to a different version.

I don’t know how to code or how to configure it so I don’t get the G2/G3 error codes constantly.

I’m not sure if I should even be bothering with putting the update code into the Moonraker.config file for updates as two days in a row of waking up to a messed up print and bricked Klipper screen/mainboard and have to reflash and go through the setup
process isn’t helping.

Since the FAQ is for a fresh install not add onto a custom fork.

I don’t know Linux code or G-Code.

If I could get those configs to work it would be great as they are good but getting G2/G3 errors is messing up prints.

I tried adding it to the config. File like his instructions but getting G2/G3 errors as soon as I try to print off OrcaSlicer.

You can either enable arc moves within Klipper, by adding a section such as the following to your printer.cfg file:

[gcode_arcs] (source: Configuration reference - Klipper documentation)

Alternatively, you can disable the G2/G3 arc movement generation in Orca by disabling this checkbox:

1 Like

I added :
[gcode_arcs]

resolution: 1.0

To printer.cfg works good for me…

1 Like

Again I say, using arcs to create a curved surface is much better than tracing a circle with straight lines. Tangent moves leads to flat spots, though small but still visibly noticeable.

If you read a bit further on in Christian Vic’ write up on the orca slicer he recommends using the following add on that he created.

https://www.printables.com/model/585691-sovol-sv07-first-layer-cure-fan-control-mesh-handl

I have not used this as I made needed changes on my own.

Try looking thru your sliver scripts for missing or extra lines of code

1 Like

I added that line and the errors G2-G3 went away.

I got rid of auto update G-Code due to it updating the Linux fork from Sovol’s Buster fork.

Got Vick’s printer additions working, but I still need to go through everything to really dial it in the calibration.

With Klipper /Mainsail/OrcaSlicer Calibration settings.

I should really get the bed mesh and the other calibration setting dialed in then maybe I can print faster without tonnes off failed prints.

If I want to print faster and actually have prints that aren’t a mess and into the garabe box.

I have a Creality glass bed that I haven’t installed yet.

It’s a lot of information to read and learn.

In my experience with the SV07 Plus, your speed gain is mainly on infill and inner walls. I run the bottom, top and outer walls around the 50mm range (I run the bottom of the print around 30mm to make sure I have good adhesion to the bed and the top and walls I run at the 50mm. The infill and inner walls depending on the material I run as high as 300mm. I have had a lot of success with this.

Give you an idea on the difference on the speed. I printed a troll scull out of overture pla for a friend of mine. I decided to run one on the sv07 and one on my old Biqu b1 (extremely modified running marlin)

SV07 1 day and 19hrs
Biqu b1 4 days 3 hrs

The SV07 looks much better and the Biqu b1 looks ok, but not near as good as the sovol.

1 Like

it is a bunch to learn. I see you are on the brink of grasping the fact that a part, printed overnight, all settings at 40m/s,.62 Line,.24 layer.

that is sitting on a cold bed, gorgeous, supports snap of the part, no layer shifts.

is far and away better, than making spaghetti at 100.

3 shot groups, before interlocking fields of fire Yea?

I started with a slow printer a few years ago, I think the longest print I have done was 7 days. I bought the SV07 plus to finish building the parts for the bottom I started building av year ago. I decided to get creative and machine singer of the parts for the thing. I’m lucky as I work with cnc machines so g-codes are singing I already know and understand. But, don’t get discouraged especially when a print fails. Use it to figure out and understand just what caused the problem and the failure. In my opinion, though frustrating a failure can some times be better than a finished part. Mistakes and failure is the best classroom!

3d printing the 10.00 fix for a .10 problem :wink:

1 Like

Now you’re talking about stuff that I know a lot about.

More like a 5 round grouping, marksmanship principles and practice, an individual skill set.

Setting up a proper defensive position or ambush is a lot more moving parts even at the platoon level, then Coy, and larger combined arms assaults etc.

I know that stuff still inside out.

SME on that stuff even though I’ve been out for over a decade.