Newly bought Sovol sv08 Max printer has passed the calibration test, however, the chamber heater could not be run. After updated the printer.cfg with allowing the chamber heater module running and restart the firmware, then a message popped up ‘mcu hot_mcu’: Unable to connect Once the underlying issue is corrected, use the FIRMWARE_RESTART command to reset the firmware, reload the config, and restart the host software. Error configuring printer
I have tried to clicked the Restart firmware button few times but not success. Can somebody help?
It’s a brand new printer, first time use. I just deleted the # sign in front of the chamber heater module but now I know that it is not a must to install the extra chamber heater unit. I think it would be firmware updated problem. But I don’t know how I can reverse it as it cannot go back to the main menu and it cannot connect to my computer so I cannot edit the firmware.
So you don’t have the chamber heat upgrade installed?
How did you make the edit to printer.cfg in the first place? If you had a network connection that allowed Fluidd/Mainsail to perform the first edit you should be able to use the same method. The MCU error won’t block network connections.
I have exactly the same problem. If I edit printer.cfg with allowing the chamber heater module it makes that error. I think it is connected to the sw version because original motherboard(with wifi problems) is 2.1.9 and works fine. This motherboard that I just got is 2.0.9. In the chamber manual it says it SW must be greater than 2.1.8 however OTA does not work from 2.0.9->2.1.9. I cannot find any other SW than 2.0.9. I think files shares are a mess. What to do? Edit: just realised that perhaps I have shortcut to just swap eMMC’s but anyways 2.1.9 should be available!