SOVOL SV07 Plus, MCU/ADC Error

I’ve searched topics here and, while I’ve found similar stuff, I can’t find anything of direct relevance. Despite having owned 3 3D printers, I’m relatively inexperienced, I’m more the “print something when I want to but don’t muck about with it at other times” sort of person.

Anyway, my problem…

I was trying to load some filament last night and it wouldn’t load; I restarted the printer hoping to try again but I then got the error:

MCU ‘mcu’ shutdown: adc out of range

I wasn’t able to do anything much, kept getting the error, tried Firmware Restart, Klipper Restart in attempts to rectify the issue and eventually went for a factory reset which made it worse as, on power on, the menu will flash up and then it drops to a screen that says:

Klipper has encountered an error.
A FIRMWARE_RESTART may fix the issue.

Can not update MCU ‘mcu’ config as it is shutdown.
Once the underlying issue is corrected, use the “FIRMWARE_RESTART” command to reset the firmware, reload the config, and restart the host software.
Error configuring printer

I’ve been searching the net for solutions and found a hint somewhere that if I adjust the temperature settings to extremes it might be resolved but, as things stand, I can no longer reach the normal menu so that potential solution (even if valid) is beyond me. Logic tells me that this has to be something to do with the printing head as I was working with that when it all went pear shaped but there are suggestions on the web that the controller unit (based on a Raspberry Pi?) might be at fault…

I don’t know how to tell where the problem is so, can anyone advise me how to solve this?

I’ve been looking for solutions to my problem and have a few ideas. My big problem is, of course, that I don’t know what or where the problem is… I was trying to load filament when it all went pear-shaped but the errors suggest it might be something to do with the mainboard/controller.

Option 1: Flash the firmware. The video suggests I need to be at the main menu and I’ve already done a reset so I don’t know if this will work.

Option 2: AliExpress are selling a new printhead for about £40 and a new controller for about £60… replacing these would presumably side-step the issue. I don’t actually know what (or where) the problem is but replacing them would effectively give me a spare printhead and controller. Moreover, I could clean up the printhead (maybe something is stuck in it?) and perhaps experiment with them?

Option 3: I have several Raspberry Pi units … a Pi 3, a Pi 4 and a Pi 5. I was using the Pi 3 & 4 but was planning on migrating my home storage solution to the Pi 5 then [possibly] migrating my Pi-Hole to it which means that, at the very least, I would have a Pi 3 going spare… could that be used to replace the controller?

Obviously, these are just ideas but no one’s answering. I have relatively low experience, but I’d appreciate some guidance :slight_smile:

James

Have you checked the wiring? As you know, a loose cable could be the reason.
First check that all external cables are plugged properly in, next open up the printer and check the internal wiring
(disconnect the mains / power cable first).

Have now and you’re right … I have the correct menu screen up now so thank you :slight_smile:

James

1 Like