Hello everyone!
My Sovol 08 was working normally yesterday. Today, when I started a print, it went through all the initial steps, but upon reaching the Mesh Bed Calibration stage, I received the following error:
This is a weird one, but I’m surprised it doesn’t happen more offen.
Say what you will but I’d never have found this without Claud’s help.
The issue is a result of a gcode file name containing percent (%) sign. The filename is copied into ~/printer_data/config/saved_variables.cfg. Once there it breaks Python when the file is read. The problem is that the filename isn’t updated in the ~/printer_data/config/saved_variables.cfg file until AFTER the mesh is updated but the mesh macro reads ~/printer_data/config/saved_variables.cfg and crashes the system.
FIX:
Use Fluid/Mainsail built in editor to open ~/printer_data/config/saved_variables.cfg
Scroll down to the line that starts last_file = and delete the percent sign.
save and restart
No file editing needed. The fix is simply: rename the gcode file to remove the % character (e.g. Ch tree shape 30pct honeycomb_PETG_0.2_2h29m.gcode) before printing, then it’ll clear bed mesh and proceed normally. The underlying save_variables.py limitation (interpolation left enabled in ConfigParser) is still a real, reproducible landmine for anyone whose filename — or any other value the printer tries to persist — contains a bare %, but it’s a per-attempt failure, not a corrupted-state one.
Seems Claude over complicated things. Rename the gcode file on the printer in the [jobs] tab and relaunch it