Screen firmware update

@Bjoern

I cant get the my touch screen to update to the SV04 Touchscreen v1.14 firmware. The update for the SV04-IDEX-3D-Printer-Marlin-firmware-v1.14 seemed to work fine. I’m following the the Soval instructions for updating the touch screen firmware and I have tried several different MicroSD cards.
Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks

Sure. Try a matching filesystem format on your MicroSD card: FAT32

This is the recommended way to format the microSD card by the display manufacturer DWIN for Windows OS:

1. Start - run - input “command”(“CMD” for win7) to enter DOS system;
  2. Input command: format/q g:/fs:fat32/a:4096 (Note that q is followed by a space). Click enter after input.

More information here.

Good luck
Björn

I started by formatting them to Fat32 and then extracted the [DWIN_SET.zip] to it. I did this on several MicroSD cards and the result was the same.

Did you make sure that there is a folder named “DWIN_SET” in the root directory of the MicroSD-card? Are all 14 files in that folder?
Did you remove the display housing iot insert the MicroSD-card in the display card slot? The display update won’t work in the standard SV04 SD-card slot.

I followed the instructions from the Soval sight
How to flash the Touch Screen firmware on SV04

Obviously the flashing process failed - as documented in Sovol’s instructions manual…

• You could check the card for any hidden files/folders & remove them.
  • In case the microSD-card capacity exceeds 16 GB you may want to try a smaller one - all my working cards are 8 GB or below. That one works well when flashing my SV04 display.
  • You could try formatting the microSD-card the way recommended by DWIN as written above.
  • Alternatively you could try formatting the microSD-card using a linux live distribution like Ubuntu or Knoppix.

For me it’s the good solution.
I bought a 2Go microSD to operate my flashes.