Print speed

Hello I’m new here and a beginner… i have a question regarding print speed… so in cura i set the print speed for what I’m printing among other things then put the card in the printer and it starts. So while it’s printing the control panel gives ypu a handful of settings that you can adjust one being print speed. However the number i set it at on the computer, 30, is not the number displayed on the printer, 100. Do i need to adjust the print speed on the printer too?

Usually there is no need to adjust the print speed via the adjustment menu.

The “speed” setting adjusts a printer firmware parameter called “feedrate_percentage”. It comes to effect on movent commands that have no specific speed setting. The feedrate_percentage can be overwritten by G-code command M220. This depends on the g-code your slicer builds, which depends on your slicer settings…

Besides from that changing the feedrate_percentage during the print is highly likeky to affect the print quality. If you want to get replicable printing results then you should do all print speed adjustments in your slicer settings, only.

Hello Bjoern, I have a related question. I have a new SV04 and am trying my best to print PLA with PVA supports. I have the PLA in head 1 and PVA in head 2. I’m using the slicing software that came with the machine Cura 1.3.0 (I think). After head 1 prints the PLA with speed set at 60, temp set at 210, head 2 comes in with PVA with speed set at 30 and temp set at 240; the temp on head 2 changes properly; however, the speed stays at 60 and never drops to 30. Am I missing something in the setup or after reading you above post to I have to edit the gcode?

Hi BMan-756, I threw away the Sovol (cura) slicer software immediately after finding out that there were predefined scripts that overrode my user settings. I switched to the PrusaSlicer and I’m very happy with it. So I can’t help you with this topic - you might want to take a look at these.cfg &.json files in the cura config folder and its subfolders. The reason for your slicer’s behavior is most likely buried there…