Max acceleration and extrusion speed?

hi community, i find nothing about the maximum acceleration speed of x and y axis also what i dont know is the maximum of extrusion speed.

does anyone know this specs and can tell me?

big thx.

1 Like

Formula for Volumetric Flow Rate
Mathematical Formula for Volumetric Flow Rate -mm3/s

"LineWidth x LayerHeight x Printing Speed = mm3/s (See example below)

0.4 x 0.2 x 60mmsec = 4.8 (mm3/s)

As you can see its pretty easy to work out-

The Hotend should have a Max Recommend mm3/s number in its Specs-- ED3v6 = 11 mm3/s

I am not sure on the Sovol SV06+ Hotend max Volume, it is a Volcano style so it should be pretty good and around the - 15mm3/s would be safe max- but i’v read people doing ( 25mm3/s )

Now, the actually flow rate is a huge can of worms which is why nobody has answered your question, mainly because there a lot variables that go into a flow rate–

Go Here it has some other info that you might find interesting too- I am not connected in any way to this website at all, just some good information everyone should know -.

All the Best

1 Like

I mean i would like to know how fast the x axis motor can speed up (acceleration) also how fast can z Axis be. And the motor from extruder is smaller so I think this is not so fast in acceleration and max speed like the other ones. Formula to calc the volumetric flow rate is known but this information is not what I looking for

I will put the max datas to my slicer program to get a better calculation about the working time. When prusaslicer is calc wit a acceleration of 5000 or only 2000mm2/s is a big difference in big printjobs and to get a more accurate information that’s why I search this specs

You must go to the touchscreen, and there, if you dare, enter the forbidden land and find your quest

Thx for the tip i’ll check it later. All I know is that I can set the steps there. So I haven’t looked there yet to find my question.

In LCD menu you have an “Advance Setting” if you go in there you find the Acceleration section and other stuff…- they have it set to1500mm/sec which is pretty well standard across most printers- you can increase this by just typing in the number you want but, but you can some damage with higher numbers, (so be careful)

I’m pretty sure your Slicer value Will Not Override these numbers as there act like a safety feature, So if you put 2500mm/sec for Acceleration in your Slicer your printer will still only do 1500m/sec unless you change the value in the LCD Menu-.

This applies for Jerk and other value in there too -

is this the info you’re after ?