Laser module PWM

Aovol Laser 5W/40W module not working with PWM. Allways on full power.
PWM works according to setting of “M106 Sxxx” G-code command.
Anyone have a tip or clue wats wrong

Hello Flegge.
Hello, power power line, pwm is a signal line (used to control the output power of the laser head when laser engraving), the printer installed laser head is to rely on the fan to control the laser power, only connect the laser power interface can be used without pwm.
Marlin control controllable fan signal to control the laser, after changing the fan speed on the screen is invalid, can not change the laser power. Through the fan control, the power can only be 100%, that is, you can not adjust the power, only the speed of engraving.
But you can use the laser box with the laser and printer together, so you can control the power, and engrave more types and better quality
Thank you
Best regards
Sovol Team

Hi, I have more or less the same problem. Just purchased the 5W/40W laser module. My printer is an SV01 without a circuit board on the print head. So I have to connect directly to the control board. It would be very helpful if there was a connection diagram for the laser module and a data sheet.
So far I have experienced the following:

• connecting the ‘power’ connection on the laser module to power supply (bypassing the control board): laser in ON
  • connecting the ‘fan control’: draws to much power from control board, display goes of and (fortunately) comes back to live after disconnecting the ‘fan control’.

I would expecting that power has to be supplied to the ‘power’ connector and that the ‘fan control’ was to be connected to ‘PMW’ connector to switch laser ON/OFF. But it appears that this is not how it work.
Without a proper understanding of how it is supposed to work I am afraid of causing permanent damage to the control board of the printer
Please advise.

Please refer to the tutorial about installing the 5w laser module here. How to Install the 5W Output Laser Module on Sovol SV01, SV03, SV01 PRO, Ender 3& Ender 5 series - YouTube