Has anyone successfully edited touchscreen firmware on SV04? Need it for printing up to 300C

Hi @Bjoern, could you please share the “SV04-Touchscreen v1.1.0 - Sizzling Version (21Jan2023).zip” with me? I’m trying to upgrade the SV05 firmware to Marln 2.1, and the Display task is difficult.

Regards.

Sure, I uploaded it here. Take care not to burn down your home…

Tks @Bjoern. Don´t worry. I have a fire extinguisher besides my SV04… just in case :sunglasses:

HI, could you use the SV04 finally for nylon?
I’m using an old CR-10V2 for print nylon but the supports are a nightmare. I bought today one SV04 with the reinforced nozzles and the hot breakers, and I would like to use to it.
From my CR10 I have more powerful thermistor that I could use although I usually print at 265ºC with the bed at 95º (Treed Longchain Nylon).
Which files do you use? Thanks

Thanks @Bjoern.
Could you send me the firmware? The link of last May 16th is dead.
I installed your last firmware and only raise 260º, that it’s enough to print with nylon (I use Treed Longchain Polyamide at 250º) but sometimes I need a bit more to clean the nozzle and the heat breaker. I never compiled a firmware and I wouldn’t like to break your work, starting with I don’t know which software use to it.
Any help is welcome.

Regards

Hi Max_Powerr,
I uploaded the modified firmware to a temporary location in purpose to prevent uninformed users from damaging their stock SV04 printers. You’ll need special heat block, thermistor, heatbreak & insulation/cabling in order to safely run the SV04 with higher temperatures than originally specified by Sovol.
You can download a modified “sizzling” version of my current firmware that allows to set nozzle temperatures up to 300°C here in my GitHub repository.
Take care not to burn down your home…

Thank you.
I have everything upgraded, don’t worry. I only used over 260º to clean.

Bjoern,

Amazing work. Thank you for doing that and for sharing.

I’ve installed 2x bimetal heatbreaks and upgraded the nozzles to the Tungsten variety. Ordered everything from Sovol. Can share more about where you got the Heat Block, Thermistor, and Insulation/Cabling changes that you made?

Thanks in advance!

Obviously there is a misunderstanding: I never changed my SV04 hardware to enable higher printing temperatures. I have been asked to remove temperature limits in firmware & display software. My warning is intended to prevent hazards.
I’m afraid you’ll have to find out matching hardware by yourself - maybe by asking other users experience.