Extruder gouging the print bed - KLIPPER

Ok, first I am absolutely new to 3D printing. I have had this printer (Sovol sv06) working and printing. I did something stupid and now I can’t home the device as the extruder is too low and embeds itself into the printer bed. In the process also bending the extruder. I have the latest firmware installed (I think) and I also have the Klipper screen installed. (I think that is what it is called, not the stock screen that came with the unit.)
I need to figure out how to home the device so I can do all of the releveling of the bed and get the z-axis straight. Everything I find on the internet just shows how to do an auto bed leveling but I can’t get to that point because running a Home All is destroying the bed.

What do I do?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if I sound frazzled. I don’t know how to explain it any clearer.

1 Like

Okay, so this appears to be resolved.
Here are the steps that cleared this cluster of a mess I found myself in.

1. Shut down power to the system completely.
  2. I spent an hour making and eating lunch with my wife.
  3. Powered back on and, with fingers crossed, attempted a “Home All.”
  4. Home All was successful, so I proceeded to do a Z-calibrate and Z-Axis alignment and, finally, a bed mapping.
  5. I am currently running a benchy test print, and so far, so good.

:rofl:
I‘m so sorry to cause you so much inconvenience. If you have any problem in printing, you can send an e-mail to info@sovol3d.com