Björn FW and Runout Sensor

I am running Björn’s latest FW, but am running into an issue with resuming after filament runs out. When the runout sensors are triggered, the printer follows the expected steps (park extruder, unload filament, start cool down of nozzle). However after I load the new filament through the sensor and click “Yes” to resume on the display, the nozzle does not warm back up, or go through any re-load filament steps. The display shows the correct commanded temp (235 in this case for PETG), but the nozzle continues to cool down.

Has anyone else run into this? Do we know if it’s a known bug in the FW, or is it something I’m doing wrong?

Hello, i did not test it in this fw.
As i run out in johncarlsons fw, the wrong extruder unloaded… so i think the sensors are switched. But in basic the change is working at johncarlsons…

Can you tap on pause. And resume ?

Hi dyse101,
I’ll check that issue & post my results here.

Update #1:
I was able to reproduce the problem & can confirm that resume after filament runout does not work as it should. I’ll try to fix that & post an update.

Thanks Bjoern. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know. I have limited experience with FW and just haven’t had the time to poke around and find where everything is defined for the M600 script between Marlin and the screen.

Update #2:
The resume problem has been fixed. However, I’m currently working on the pause function that left much room for improvement. I’ll post an update when the bugfix version has been released.

Update #3:
Resume after filament runout & pause/resume are working now.
The new release is available on my GitHub page.

Thanks for your patience
Björn

Bjoern, you are amazing! I will test this one I get some time in the next couple of days.

Thanks for working on this!

-Dyse

Aaaaaand, now I’m stumped… Downloaded the source files from GitHub (need to recompile for adjustments for the MicroSwiss NG hot ends) and get failures in VSCode using PlatformIO. Below is the output from Terminal stating it can’t find …/inc/MarlinConfigPre.h, however that file is present in the designated folder. I’m thinking a bug in PlatformIO. Thoughts?

Compiling .pio\build\STM32F103RET6_creality\src\src\gcode\temp\M141_M191.cpp.o
In file included from Marlin\src\gcode\temp../…/lcd/e3v2/creality/…/…/…/sd/…/inc/…/HAL/./STM32/MarlinSerial.h:27,
from Marlin\src\gcode\temp../…/lcd/e3v2/creality/…/…/…/sd/…/inc/…/HAL/./STM32/HAL.h:34,
from Marlin\src\gcode\temp../…/lcd/e3v2/creality/…/…/…/sd/…/inc/…/HAL/HAL.h:30,
from Marlin\src\gcode\temp../…/lcd/e3v2/creality/…/…/…/sd/…/inc/MarlinConfig.h:31,
from Marlin\src\gcode\temp../…/lcd/e3v2/creality/…/…/…/sd/cardreader.h:24,
from Marlin\src\gcode\temp../…/lcd/e3v2/creality/LCD_RTS.h:4,
from Marlin\src\gcode\temp\M104_M109.cpp:34:
Marlin\src\gcode\temp../…/lcd/e3v2/creality/…/…/…/sd/…/inc/…/HAL/./STM32/…/…/feature/e_parser.h:28:10: fatal error: …/inc/MarlinConfigPre.h: No such file or directory
28 | #include “…/inc/MarlinConfigPre.h”
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
*** [.pio\build\STM32F103RET6_creality\src\src\gcode\temp\M104_M109.cpp.o] Error 1
====================================================================================================================================== [FAILED] Took 192.17 seconds ======================================================================================================================================

Ok, some googling led me down the path to change “MarlinConfigPre.h” to just “MarlinConfig.h” and build succeeded. I’ll give this a shot with my changes later (need to take the kids swimming).