SV04 Filament Gear Replacement

I need to get additional gears for my direct-drive filament for my SV04 printer. I took the whole thing apart and could not figure out how to get the gear out. It’s attached to the large plastic-gear-wheel and without risking breaking it, I stopped because it would not come apart. I’d like to have spares as my gear is almost worn out. I also need instructions on replacing it as well. I removed the motor, the gear on that is just fine… this is the gear that actually pushes against the filament. HELP!

hi @StlScott sorry to read the trouble. Could you pls add a photo of the gear to show which one you would like to disassemble and replace?

I can’t take picture right now because the printer is in use. However, it’s the one behind the fan on the right-side of the extruder.

1 Like

Thanks for the images. Please contact the CS at info@sovol3d.com for a replacement. They’ll address your issue properly. Pls provide your order Id and note that you are direct here from sovol forum.

Hello,
Did you ever get help with this. I am also interested in taking this apart.

1 Like

I need help with this as well, the gear is ground down and I don’t know how to fix it. I don’t know where I could buy a replacement either. I really need help because my print quality is horrible if i do not get this fixed.

1 Like

I have this exact same problem. SOVOL hasn’t replied to my emails. Has anyone figured out how to remove this gear and find a replacement?

I would also very much like to know how to get this gear loose. It seems to be that the extruder motor is not designed to be replaced without buying the whole assembly.