Confused about cura profiles

I see scattered info on the net about setting up cura for sv0x printers, and I also see the settings in the cura that comes on the SD card but cura has exported templates and profiles? Why on earth is anyone expected to do all of this manually? Just host the settings on line? This is a common thing amongst cura users out there. There should be a download link for the printer profile and at minimum pla and abs settings. Am I missing something, is this available somewhere?

Good day are you trying to load your printer profiles to cura ?

well not anymore no, if I wait on help I’d prolly have returned this by now…

I took the start and end codes from the sovol version
tart code:

G28 ;Home

M420 S1;
G92 E0 ;Reset Extruder
G1 Z2.0 F3000 ;Move Z Axis up
G1 X10.1 Y20 Z0.28 F5000.0 ;Move to start position
G1 X10.1 Y200.0 Z0.28 F1500.0 E15 ;Draw the first line
G1 X10.4 Y200.0 Z0.28 F5000.0 ;Move to side a little
G1 X10.4 Y20 Z0.28 F1500.0 E30 ;Draw the second line
G92 E0 ;Reset Extruder

stop code

G91 ;Relative positioning
G1 E-2 F2700 ;Retract a bit
G1 E-2 Z0.2 F2400 ;Retract and raise Z
G1 X0 Y220 F3000 ;Wipe out
G1 Z10 ;Raise Z more
G90 ;Absolute positionning

G1 X0 Y{machine_depth} ;Present print
M106 S0 ;Turn-off fan
M104 S0 ;Turn-off hotend
M140 S0 ;Turn-off bed

M84 X Y E ;Disable all steppers but Z

then I made my own printer profile with those. and then a made a profile for each filament . Took a day to do it but I’m jut saying it would have been nice to download these since Cura lets you save them.

Hello
I do not understand you or I suppose that you have not looked much before writing in this forum.
sovol makes available on its website in the “Document download” section an adaptation of Cura for its printers that you can download.
In it you have all your printers and the generic profiles of the threads

If you mean the sovol cura app for download no its junk. It crashes a lot and closes the app when I hit eject. I want to use cura not this make shaft version. I just want to use the version of cura I have and load up the setting.

I did use this app to make my cfg file for cura 4.5. I guess to make my question more direct…

why not offer up the settings and profiles instead of using a special version of cura?

OK understood.
For my printer “SV06”, sovol offered the profiles to be able to install but warning us about: *This method is available on the version of Cura V5.1.1 and above, the old version of Cura may cause import failure."
I’ve edited the uranium.pot file for your Cura version.
Could you try adding the ones from the link below and see if it works for you.

Cura V4.5 profiles Sovol
Add the contents of the “definitions, extruders and i18n” folders and paste them inside the folders with the same name, which are in “resources” in the installation path of the program: Program Files/Ultimaker Cura 4.5/resources

Interesting thx for that, I see the sovol printer shows up now. I still have my save profiles but I’m guessing with this, I do what, use the general filament and the settings should be good?

In other words
a) select the printer
b) generic->pla to print pla
or
b) generic->abs to print abs

this seems wrong, if I do the mentioned the temp is 198 for ABS and that does not work. Also, interestingly my save profiles do not work with this printer config.

I think the layer highlight is wrong too because the print changed x,y over 1/2 an inch 3 times during print. I think the head was colliding with the print.

I think maybe a better way to do this is to zip up the entire resource folder for 4.5 after there is a known good print.

The only other thing that maybe off here could be the m503 settings. Mine was very off from what others had.

I do have the plus, maybe that is also why?

I have looked at the profiles of the sovol application with the text editor and I have found that in some of them a fixed temperature value came by default, as in the case of the SV06Plus. I have modified the text string ““material_initial_print_temperature”: { “value”: “material_print_temperature” },” in all the profiles that were wrong and I think it is corrected now.
Delete the sovol profiles in the Program Files/Ultimaker Cura 4.5/resources/definitions folder and re-download the profiles from the GoogleDrive link above.
It is because I have changed the name so that they all have the same format and if you do not delete the previous ones, duplicates will appear.

You could also try a mod version of prusaslicer to which I have added the sovol printers.

thx so much for the help but it appear the issue of the layers is sitll wrong. The heads just grids over the previous layer. My profiles do not do this… There must be a setting wrong I’m missing.

I know noting about these files but I can compare what I have with another file if I know what files to look at.

cura looks to do things in a very ugly way, I maked my profile based on a custom fff. It put files in the appdata roaming not the file folder, and it notes changes is definitions changes.
these are the settings I found in there for my good profile.

[general]
version = 4
name = sovol sv06 plus_settings
definition = custom

[metadata]
setting_version = 13
type = definition_changes

[values]
machine_depth = 300
machine_end_gcode = G91 ;Relative positioning
	G1 E-2 F2700 ;Retract a bit
	G1 E-2 Z0.2 F2400 ;Retract and raise Z
	G1 X0 Y220 F3000 ;Wipe out
	G1 Z10 ;Raise Z more
	G90 ;Absolute positionning

G1 X0 Y{machine_depth} ;Present print
	M106 S0 ;Turn-off fan
	M104 S0 ;Turn-off hotend
	M140 S0 ;Turn-off bed

M84 X Y E ;Disable all steppers but Z
machine_extruders_share_heater = True
machine_head_with_fans_polygon = [[-20, 10], [-20, -10], [10, 10], [10, -10]]
machine_heated_bed = True
machine_height = 340
machine_start_gcode = G28 ;Home
	;s-v-0-6
	M420 S1;
	G92 E0 ;Reset Extruder
	G1 X10.1 Y20 Z0.28 F5000.0 ;Move to start position
	G1 X10.1 Y200.0 Z0.28 F1500.0 E15 ;Draw the first line
	G1 X10.4 Y200.0 Z0.28 F5000.0 ;Move to side a little
	G1 X10.4 Y20 Z0.28 F1500.0 E30 ;Draw the second line
	G92 E0 ;Reset Extruder
machine_width = 300

I tried to compare the print settings

I did this for ABS as a test

The one you provided ---- the one working (mine)
layer hights .1 ---------- 02
infill 10 -----------20
infill layer thicknesss .1 ------------- .2

the extruder settings I found in the files match but the print head settings sees to be missing.

I also noticed the resources are in two locations. The one in program files seems not to be used.

So in doing this my cura slicer died and I tried everything to get it back. I ended up removing all cura’s and installing 4.13. That version has sv03 in it. I selected it and change up the setting to match what I have backed up from my working version of sv06. I will test again and see how well it works now.

This has done it, all working well now. I can use my profiles or the ones in cura.

details.
Cura 4.13?
using SV03 (comes with 4.13) and changing settings to what I have listed in the screen shot above.

I made this for the bed image.

sv06.stl (536.9 KB)
goes in the mesh folder

added this to sv03.def

“metadata”: {
“visible”: true,
“author”: “Sovol”,
“manufacturer”: “Sovol 3D”,
“platform”: “SV06.STL”,
“file_formats”: “text/x-gcode”,
“has_variants”: false,
“has_machine_quality”: false,