About the Klipperized SV07 category

Have any thoughts, questions, or insights about the newly released Sovol SV07? Here’s the place to spread your mind!

Learn more about the Sovol SV07: Pre-order| Sovol SV07 Klipper Direct Drive Extruder 3D Printer Print S – Sovol3d.
Email info@sovol3d.com for help OR
Join the user group at Sovol Official User Group | Facebook to join in the discussion, share your insights, and find tips/help from the experienced!

Follow sovol social media to get notification about the latest news and tutorials.
Sovol Facebook Page: Sovol3d
Sovol Twitter:https://twitter.com/Sovol3d
Sovol Youtube Channel: Sovol - YouTube

SV07 printer keeps giving error message :Move exceeds maximum extrusion (0.90 vs 0.640 ) see max extrude _cross_section config option

Tried changing slicers etc and have no idea where to find these configurations as they don’t seem to be on the display screen anywhere
I don’t know how to change configurations as l am new to 3d printing
Is this a firmware issue or something else
Need some help solving this otherwise printer is no good and will be returned

I had the same issue when using prusaSlicer.
I’m not sure if that is safe settings for the printer, but I added line below to [extruder] in printer.cfg:
max_extrude_cross_section:5

Full section, for reference:

[extruder]
max_extrude_only_distance: 100.0
step_pin: PD1
dir_pin: !PD0
enable_pin: !PD4
microsteps: 16
rotation_distance: 4.59
nozzle_diameter: 0.400
filament_diameter: 1.750
heater_pin: PA1
sensor_type: EPCOS 100K B57560G104F
sensor_pin: PA4
control: pid
pressure_advance:0.02
pressure_advance_smooth_time:0.035
#luk - nie bylo nic
max_extrude_cross_section:5

Thank you it’s been 3 weeks now and Sovol so called support has been absolutely useless Surely an advertised out of the box printer for beginners should be exactly that

Cheers for the reply and will changing the config files make my warranty void …… oh yeah it’s Sovol and they don’t honour your warranty or any consumer protection at all do they
I was hoping that Sovol would help solve the issue but I’ve now given up all hope of them even acknowledging the problem as all you vet is stupid /repeated replies to questions you have either asked or answered in the very first instance. Had the printer 3 weeks and what was supposed to have been an enjoyable experience has turned into a frustrating and regretful purchase.
I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND BUYING OFF SOVOL EVER
CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS USELESS AND IGNORES YOUR REQUESTS TO HONOUR THEIR RETURNS FOR FAULTY GOODS